Map view motion and orientation hints

Hello, I'm a relative noob to KSP. This is one of the suggestions i'd like to post while I'm still in that "noob" state. I apologize in advance if my idea is pointless or already implemented.

Problem:

I sometimes have to make a decision at 1x speed, but I cant see which way objects are moving in their orbit. The only way to find out is to set warp to n times normal speed and observe the motion.

In 1x speed:

I can't see which way round a probe is orbiting the mun

I can't see which way the planets are orbiting around the sun

I can't see which direction a planet is rotating

I can't see the axis or pole a celestial body is rotating around

I can't see where north is (relative to the navball) when taking off with a lander

Suggestion:

It would be great to have hints of that kind in map view

For example the orbital curves could fade out (get darker or thinner or transparent) "behind" the object

celestial bodies could have a hinted circle in that fashion hovering above their north pole, indicating both the axis and the rotational direction and where "north" is.

badlyphotoshoppedimage.jpg

Direction of orbit could look like something depicted childishly photoshopped above

Edited by Kerbin Dallas Multipass

It would look good, definitely and I'd like to see it in the game but at the same time...I tend to remember which direction my creations are orbiting and unless it's a very slow orbit, I can usually see what's goin' on within a few seconds of watching it in map view.

Still, it'd look good and havin' UI stuff look good almost always improves the user experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.