[WIP] Escepadie (Systems) Modular Station [EMS] mod

Adie123

Could someone post some pics using the parts here? I want to see what can be done before I think about removing some of my mods seeing as how I have no idea how I'm not hitting the memory limit with them all as is.

you know that this mod is still WIP and no download is available yet ?..................

you know that this mod is still WIP and no download is available yet ?..................

Sorry thought I saw a download link in OP. First thing after making coffee in the morning is browsing the forums. I go through, open a bunch of tabs and flip through them. Must have just missed it completely. Anyway looks cool and I will be checking often to see those pics at some point. :)

As for artificial gravity, that would require plugin code which i dont touch. If some genious made LUA compatible then the sky would be the limit for me, but C# or Java is a no go, unfortunatly.

I already thought as much, artificial gravity was wishful thinking on my part.

Though personally I think the scale is off. The parts seem much larger than they should be.

I don't think they should be much smaller. As you cannot walk inside you need to EVA your way through the station. If you place pods, seats and decorations inside you might need the extra space to easily fly through it without hitting everything on your way. Flying will also be tricky because of the camera view

• 4 weeks later...
what has happened to this because it looks great

Theres still plenty to do. Small tweaks to align node snapping so that if for example someone wants to make circular station then the last and first parts need to meet perfectly. At the moment im working on that now and they are slightly off when using only the tunnel and the 5 degree bend. Plus i cant commit to this mod full time, hence why i couldnt give an eta for a release. Its a long term project.

I added a small 'Parts to do' list and hopefully will get to making them soonish.

EDIT: Also Maxmaps mentioned in the last squadcast that part joint strength will be stronger in 0.23, i think. So this mod will benefit greatly as will alot of other mods, and maybe it best to see what changes come in 0.23 before hand.

Edited by Adie123

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update post to let everyone know that i wasnt greatly satisfied with the older version model. It was the main reason it hadn't been released.

Anyhow, i started remodelling the parts to take into consideration of 4-way connectability instead of the 2-way of the previous model. I.E. the interior opening was rectangle so parts only looked right when rotated at 2 angles. The new models have a square interior, allowing 4 directions. Future may hold hexagon or octogon shaped to allow 6 and 8-way, but for now 4-way will be fine.

Take a look at the album below. I will keep adding more images as time goes by.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also you can see there 4 artwork plaques for you guys to add your artwork to, then place the plaques where you want on your craft.

Ty all and have a great Xmas and New Year!!

Edited by Adie123

Why you say they probably wont be released? :s

It happens all too often that somebody announces a mod but never releases it.

Judging by your own words (There is no estimated time for release of this mod, sorry. This is a long term project.), i fear the same will happen here. You seem to be someone who keeps on tinkering with your designs until you're satisfied they're perfect (which will never happen, by the way). At some stage other activities probably will claim so much time of your time that the development will cease and the mod will not be released.

Yup you have a valid point TheCardinal, but still the parts needed an overhaul and i, like many modders, would prefer to release something that works and look the best that they can be at that given moment.

• 3 weeks later...
if we could play with your creations we would be able to critique your work better...

Yup you are right, but there are several things i have to consider.

1) Slight changes/tweaks in design can cause alot of lag with old versions of the part(s) on already built craft, cause of parts clipping that wernt clipping when the craft was first created. No idea why, as all parts of one craft shouldnt collide, but there is definatly something that occurs if the part(s) are modified. This would render players craft/bases unbareable to use.

2) Theres supposedly a new Part Tools (scripts to use in unity for modding) on the horizon and would like to wait and see what improvements that brings, that could help out on a few things.

3) As it stands im using PNG image format. Which at the moment is less than half the file size of the traditional MBM format that Mu (Mike) created especially for KSP, and PNG retains a greater amount of detail. Interested if changes described in [2] make MBM format better......jfyi- PNG are easily accessed by anyone, MBM are difficult to edit and is a type of locked format..... So do i release the parts where people can totally edit the textures or not. Its a tough call to make. If stock parts came accessible to edit easily, i would follow suit easily.

4) Releasing the parts i have already done when i know there needs to be at least several more to accompany them, and which could mean having to change the parts already released, could upset people if functions of parts change for the worse (linked with [1])

can you at least release the 5 degree bend? i really need it

What will you use the 5 degree bend for?... Its a 5 meter diameter part.

Edited by Adie123

What will you use the 5 degree bend for?... Its a 5 meter diameter part.

an artificial gravity ring for a space station. The diameter of the ring will be huge, so the diameter of the 5 degree bend shouldn't matter, if anything the large size will help in the construction.

At the moment the only way i can build one is with part clipping, which is not very accurate or stable.

Going over the 5 degree bend i noticed they dont line up in the example image below. They line up if making circular tunnels fine but for below example, i'll need to do more adjustments.... I thought of making the quarter tunnels shorter but they are perfectly half the length of the Observation Tunnel and align perfectly for the whole package im aiming for. So i cant touch them.

So Buzzou, hang in there.... Contact me via personal forum messages with images of your build and why you need the 5 degree bend.. Im interested. Also when i get the bend perfected i may send u a link to grab that part when its done :P

Po2EDvb.png

Edited by Adie123

• 2 months later...