Good video editing software

Rockhem

paradox. either free or good

Ouch. he's right though. You can't find one that is decent quality without laying down some cash. Believe me, I've tried. . . hard.

FRAPS is pretty good and doesn't it only cost $18 USD? If so, that's your best option. When I get cash, I am probly gonna get that because it's one of the most popular. Do NOT get something that requires renewal or is over ~$50-75. It is a rip-off.

video pad was a good editor. I tried the full trial and it was quite impressive. costs under $50.

though windows movie maker is decent enough if you just wanna stich several videos together. also it is capable of maxing out my 3.8 ghz quadcore cpu.

- Adobe Premiere (get it with Education/Research license; or else it's pretty expensive)

or you can use CS2 version which Adobe no longer supports and is free to use and can be downloaded on Adobe.com

although it's not 64bit and not allow multithreading

If you're on Win 7 or Win 8, Windows Live Movie Maker is free and surprisingly decent. You can do quite a lot with it. However, you'll probably find you quickly outgrow it. Unfortunately, then you get into some pretty serious price scales for pro non-linear editors. lanmatt's got a good suggestion about the old CS2 version of Premiere.

I use Open Broadcaster Software http://obsproject.com/ to record video.

I use Cyberlink PowerDirector http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/features_en_US.html?&r=1 for finishing and what have you. I think the Deluxe edition is 50 USD and the Ultra is around 80. By far, this is the fastest rendering I've found for the price, probably due to their implementation of OpenCL.

Open Broadcaster Software is usually used for streaming, but it's also nice for recording i think :-).

Else, fraps is easily the most common and reliable software from what i've heard online, especially for getting steady FPS on games, which you should note here because KSP is already processor-intense itself.

For editing, if you just want to cut and place different parts of videos, just go for Windows Movie Maker :-). CS2 sounds like a good idea too

• 1 month later...

I like Premiere Pro. I used Elements after using Pro in school, and elements lacks a lot of features pro has. The most critical to me being that you can make custom titles.

As far as I see it, Elements is similar to iMovie, but is slightly superior in some aspects.

I`d say go for CS2 if it is free to download, I have no idea if you can but try to get CS2 after effects also.

"Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers provided as a part of the download may only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products."

From the sounds of it, you can get the whole creative suite which will let you make PDF, special effects, audio, vector illustrations, and video and all in a package that can read the formats from the other parts of the suite.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.