Game Lag

That is, unfortunately, just how KSP is. It's a very demanding game, as is simulators in general - it's not about your graphics card or your RAM, but about how fast your processor is, and I'm not sure an i3 cuts it. I'm playing on an i5 3.4GHz and still I do not get smooth gameplay with larger crafts and rockets - it's simply just a thing you'll have to get used to.

With specs like that you should be able to operate well over 100 parts. Try turning down the max frame-rate to 60 or lower (why would you want it above 60?) and set the lighting and shading to something below maximum. Textures can probably be at maximum but they also look pretty good with low settings. If that's not enough, then you might have too much stuff running in the background.

I assume you have Windows 7 or some other equivalent technology that's actually capable of using your processor. But if you have an older operating system, you might run into problems with your hardware not all being used.

Try lowering your overall graphics to 'beautiful' or 'good', you can keep textures at full. I'd also recommend terrain on default + opening your settings config and lowering your default ocean numbers (for kerbin, laythe, eve), here's what I use: name = KerbinOcean, minDistance = 3, minSubdivision = 1, maxSubdivision = 6.

You can also lower the aero effects setting (re-entry heat, exhaust & smoke effects I think).

And if you play with a lot of mods you could try removing a few to free up memory.

Windows interrupts often caused a skip. The problem is as old as Train Simulator. Any other slowdown is due to the numerous calculations needed for lots of parts on a ship as well as rendering the surface of planets or moons. Much of that will be fixed in later versions of the game as more efficient code gets written and the final code gets compiled.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.