[0.21] Real Time Clock

Jarcikon

[0.21] Real Time Clock Plugin

This plugin simply shows the real local time in a small, draggable window. Right click to toggle between 12-hour and 24-hour format. The time only appears when you are in the editor (VAB or SPH) or in flight. Separate window positions are saved for the editor vs in-flight.

bq5tmC8.jpg

SpacePort Link

Alternative Download (Mediafire)

Source is included with the download.

To install, simply unzip to the main KSP folder, or copy KSPCLock.dll to the Plugins folder and restart KSP.

VERSION HISTORY:

==========================

8/23/13 - V1.2 - Bug fix for config file not always saving. Removed "Unit Test." Added right click for 24-hour mode toggle

8/20/13 - V1.1 - Updated for KSP 0.21

4/29/13 - V1.0 - Initial Release

Edited by Jarcikon

I've got to ask. Why not just alt-tab?

Maybe their KSP crashes on alt-tab? That or they spend hours and hours in KSP and lose track of time, I see that happening to me all too often.

But honestly I think I'm more curious as to why they've gone and used the old plugin folder in the main KSP install and not the GameData folder? It's literally the only reason I don't get this.

Just tried it out, very handy. Except, in my case, the clock DID NOT remember its position, so every time I switched from VAB/SPH to flight mode, there it goes, right back up into the upper right corner of the screen, covering up the resources tab in flight, and the launch and back buttons in the hangars. Also, the save name of the craft being worked on in the VAB/SPH would disappear at times. This may be your mod or not, I installed several at the same time tonight, but this one is the only one that has any effect in the VAB/SPH, so it might be worth taking a look.

But, all in all, this should be quite a useful little tool once these minor inconveniences are ironed out and I can get the clock to stay where I put it. :) Thanks for updating it to 0.21.1. :D

I've got to ask. Why not just alt-tab?

To each his own. I like having the time right on screen in case I need to be somewhere or something. Oh how the hours can fly by in the VAB!

Will you make a 24hr version too ?

like 1:30 PM = 13:30 etc..

Sounds like a good idea. I think it would be best to be a toggleable feature instead of a separate version. Maybe a right click on the clock changes it? Or a hotkey? Should have some time this weekend to update.

Just tried it out, very handy. Except, in my case, the clock DID NOT remember its position, so every time I switched from VAB/SPH to flight mode, there it goes, right back up into the upper right corner of the screen, covering up the resources tab in flight, and the launch and back buttons in the hangars. Also, the save name of the craft being worked on in the VAB/SPH would disappear at times. This may be your mod or not, I installed several at the same time tonight, but this one is the only one that has any effect in the VAB/SPH, so it might be worth taking a look.

But, all in all, this should be quite a useful little tool once these minor inconveniences are ironed out and I can get the clock to stay where I put it. :) Thanks for updating it to 0.21.1. :D

That's strange. I did have to redo the code to create a configuration file but the actual file creation is handled by KSP. It really seems weird to me because on my computer the config file goes in Plugins/PluginData/KSPClock/ instead of PluginData/KSPClock/ like in previous versions. I noticed this happened with MechJeb as well. Can you try creating a PluginData directory inside the Plugins folder and see if it starts working? I may have to include that in the release zip so the directory structure exists.

I'll try that. That's the thing, after I quit the game, I checked the PluginData folder, and it was empty, so for some reason it's not saving new configurations. I'll mess with the directories tonight, and I'll make sure they're set up as you describe. I'll let you know how it goes either way. :)

To each his own. I like having the time right on screen in case I need to be somewhere or something. Oh how the hours can fly by in the VAB!

Sounds like a good idea. I think it would be best to be a toggleable feature instead of a separate version. Maybe a right click on the clock changes it? Or a hotkey? Should have some time this weekend to update.

That's strange. I did have to redo the code to create a configuration file but the actual file creation is handled by KSP. It really seems weird to me because on my computer the config file goes in Plugins/PluginData/KSPClock/ instead of PluginData/KSPClock/ like in previous versions. I noticed this happened with MechJeb as well. Can you try creating a PluginData directory inside the Plugins folder and see if it starts working? I may have to include that in the release zip so the directory structure exists.

Thank you!

I'll try that. That's the thing, after I quit the game, I checked the PluginData folder, and it was empty, so for some reason it's not saving new configurations. I'll mess with the directories tonight, and I'll make sure they're set up as you describe. I'll let you know how it goes either way. :)

I'm releasing a new version that saves the position more reliably. Hopefully this fixes your issue. The config file should still end up in Plugins/PluginData/KSPClock/ but you shouldn't have to create it manually.

I also added a toggle between 12-hour and 24-hour mode. Simply right click on the window to toggle. This preference is saved in the config file.

I'm releasing a new version that saves the position more reliably. Hopefully this fixes your issue. The config file should still end up in Plugins/PluginData/KSPClock/ but you shouldn't have to create it manually.

I also added a toggle between 12-hour and 24-hour mode. Simply right click on the window to toggle. This preference is saved in the config file.

Nope. I deleted the first version, then downloaded this newest version and installed it exactly per the readme file. Now I've got no clock at all, and so needless to say there's no config file in PluginData. I'm about to have another go at it, I'll let you know.

:(

Oh, I forgot. I still have the 'unit test' thing on the main menu screen.

Edited by Neutrinovore
Forgot to add information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.