[0.23] Targetron - Target or command vessel from a list of active flights!

Jarcikon

The rename functionality doesn't seem to 'stick'. It will bring up the correct box, and it will change it in the list, but when I jump to the next ship, it has reverted.

Hmm yeah you are right. It only seems to stay if the vessel you are renaming is loaded (within ~1km i think). I'll look into this a little more but looks like I'll have to limit the rename option to close objects. I'll work on getting this and a fix for IVA mode out soon.

Hmm yeah you are right. It only seems to stay if the vessel you are renaming is loaded (within ~1km i think). I'll look into this a little more but looks like I'll have to limit the rename option to close objects. I'll work on getting this and a fix for IVA mode out soon.

Great! This is, otherwise, a fantastic mod, and very useful (I don't delete debris so I'm somewhat approaching Kessler's Syndrome in my LKO... watching a piece of debris come ever closer on the Targetron, get to within 100m and fly past is pretty exhilarating!)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to guess this doesn't do what I originally thought it did, which was make the game think that multiple flights are being actively commanded at once.

No, the purpose of this plugin is to be able to see all active flights and easily target or switch control to another flight. If you are close enough, you can also rename or target a specific docking port.

I updated this forum post finally, since the forums were down when I released 1.2.1. This newest version contains a fix for IVA mode (in the cockpit). The right click context menu didn't work, since right click toggles mouse control in IVA. Now when in IVA, the context menu can be activated by a left click on the vessel name instead.

I also fixed the rename feature. Apparently the new name does not stick unless the vessel is currently loaded in game. This appears to be within a few km but if anyone has more specifics please let me know. With this update the option will be disabled if the vessel is not currently loaded, so to enable it just get close.

Finally, as an added little bonus, I added a quick way to toggle multiple filter icons. Simply right click one icon, then left click another and it will affect all icons in between. Might take a bit to get the hang of and hopefully people don't do it by accident, but it can be really convenient. Happy targeting!

Is it possible to have an option for distance to be measured in m, Km, Mm, and Gm so that I can make sense of the distances and how they relate to remotetech please? (which is the reason I downloaded the mod, It`s really important to know how far away your target is in metres to maintain contact)

This is a great mod. One of the ones that should get built in to stock.

Edited by John FX

Is it possible to have an option for distance to be measured in m, Km, Mm, and Gm so that I can make sense of the distances and how they relate to remotetech please? (which is the reason I downloaded the mod, It`s really important to know how far away your target is in metres to maintain contact)

This is a great mod. One of the ones that should get built in to stock.

Yeah that is a good point. Really the AU thing is stupid since nothing in the game uses it. I think I'll just forget the AUs and use m, Km, Mm, etc like KSP uses. If anyone would really miss AUs let me know and I can make it an option.

I might have some time during the week (it's an easy enough change) but if not I'll have it ready this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion, keep them coming!

P.S. Anyone know if there is a hard max on distance in KSP? Any reason to go up to Yottameters? (Thanks wikipedia!)

I just want to say thank you. This mod is a "must have".

I've been aching for just this type of tool. Station building across the solar system is tedious with constant switching to map mode and back, and focus switching to rename vessels as you are assembling stations. A real time saver.

This could be "the tool" for quick craft management tools in game.

Thumbs up!

Regarding the rename vessel feature, I'd like to suggest a possible addition that could help with renaming vessels that are not within the physics load distance. You could queue up the rename in some data file, then when the player switches to one of those vessels, rename them, and remove the queue entry from the data file. Not sure if this would work, but it could well be worth a shot.

Regarding the rename vessel feature, I'd like to suggest a possible addition that could help with renaming vessels that are not within the physics load distance. You could queue up the rename in some data file, then when the player switches to one of those vessels, rename them, and remove the queue entry from the data file. Not sure if this would work, but it could well be worth a shot.

Great idea! It may not be in the next update but I definitely want to do something like this.

I haven't tried renaming using the mod yet, but it would be cool if you could use it to change the vessel type, too. Paired with the queued renaming that would be really helpful.

The plugin uses the built-in rename feature, just like if you right clicked the command pod to rename. So you can change the vessel type as well as the name already.

Great Mod, use it all the time... :)

Kinda wish there was a way to hi-light the different docking ports on the target tho, having a list of ports and not knowing which one is which kinda starts getting a little confusing.. - pity you can't have the docking port light up when you select it via the mod so you can see which one it is :)

• 2 months later...

I just noticed a lag issue when using Targetron. When I'm in EVA at my Mun base, I normally have a physics time ratio of 0.4. If I open the Targetron list and there are more than a few items on the list nearby, it drops to 0.1 or lower when I try to move. Apparently, it takes alot of CPU cycles to update the list when you're moving nearby.

For now, I just keep the list closed and there is no lag.

I just noticed a lag issue when using Targetron. When I'm in EVA at my Mun base, I normally have a physics time ratio of 0.4. If I open the Targetron list and there are more than a few items on the list nearby, it drops to 0.1 or lower when I try to move. Apparently, it takes alot of CPU cycles to update the list when you're moving nearby.

Yes I am noticing it now, especially with a lot of flights listed. It does appear to only happen in EVA. I am looking into this and should have a fix soon...I also need to make sure it works with KSP 0.23 when it releases tomorrow.

This bug has been fixed in today's release. It should perform much better in EVA mode.

Any info about 0.23 compatibility?

This latest release is tested working with 0.23.

It is good, I just can deal with one thing...

This mod is usefull but I found myself deinstalling it for the second time because of the inconvenient toolbar.

For instance, if you put the minimized icon down on the window, it appears ò hanging away from the edge after reload, like if it wasn't minimized at all.

I would really found it more handy if it has a simple button, like alarm clock or fuel balancer has.

Or a rolling window that haystack used to have...

Oh, I've just found that haystack is back!

This addon may have its own advantages, but I prefer to keep my menues nice and neat.

Not to offend anyone, just a point of view.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.