Isn't the KSP community so great?

EiEiO

Someone already did that, average age was about 13-18.

Yeah, but that was exactly 2 years ago. KSP was not very famous back then. Purpose of polls is to take a sample in the shortest possible amount of time, and then to lock them up.

One time I went to the Minecraft forums, looked at a post, and the first comment was a hate comment. Yeah, I'd say these forums are MUCH better.

The average Minecrafter seems to be a k3wl kid, yeah.

Definitely better than most, but every forum has a few bad apples. I'd say we're even better than the BI Studio forum (the ArmA games), since despite the high average age there, it's a lot of elitists and a few hackers as well.

I think the main reason is because KSP is a hard game to do even basic things in, so quite a few users come to these forums looking for help, find nice people to give them advice, and thus they follow the trend later. It's a wonderful cycle =3

Having watched the decline of the Minecraft forums and after being briefly exposed to that wretched hive of scum and villainry known as the DayZ forums, I can attest to this. The smaller community size and the higher skill/intelligence level required in KSP have kept the morons and trolls at bay, though this place definitely isn't as good as it used to be.

Yeah, but that was exactly 2 years ago. KSP was not very famous back then. Purpose of polls is to take a sample in the shortest possible amount of time, and then to lock them up.

The average Minecrafter seems to be a k3wl kid, yeah.

I seem to remember seeing a poll about it just a week or three ago...

As to the decorum of the forums this is certainly one of the nicer ones I have seen. I can think of a few others that compare to it however they are either very small, or large but with a tiny active user base.

Having watched the decline of the Minecraft forums and after being briefly exposed to that wretched hive of scum and villainry known as the DayZ forums, I can attest to this. The smaller community size and the higher skill/intelligence level required in KSP have kept the morons and trolls at bay, though this place definitely isn't as good as it used to be.

Oh, and the multiplayer, that's something special. That's why I used to go with singleplayer mode only. I've tried multiplayer Minecraft and chances are you'll end up in a dystopian society of North Korea type, or Mad Max type.

So I stick with my sheep, pigs, chickens and dogs, all alone. No Herobrine, either. :D

This is a great community because the people here like to help each other. When people post a achievement (like first Mun landing) people congratulate the poster and give him/her tips and tricks. Most other gaming communities are competitive in nature. When someone posts an achievement there every reaction is about how the commenter did it better.

One of the best examples I've seen is Whackjob's first thread about grief and coffee - the amount of support and admiration for a new player's designs makes me proud to be a ( albeit somewhat lurker-ish :P ) member of this community :)

Having come from Eve Online and their forums, I still can't get use to this forum. I hardly ever see flaming here, and the trolling is very mild in comparison. It's wonderful, but I can't shake my suspicion :P Eve broke me!

Having come from Eve Online and their forums, I still can't get use to this forum. I hardly ever see flaming here, and the trolling is very mild in comparison. It's wonderful, but I can't shake my suspicion :P Eve broke me!

If it helps I will be more than happy to blow up your fancy super rocket and leave you dangling around KSP in an escape pod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.