[0.21] ICBM Launch Silo

Themorris

ICBM Launch Silo

This little mod adds a ICBM Silo a few kilometers away from the KSC. You can choose between the launchpad and the silo in the VAB

ObVLiPW.jpg

Your rocket has to have a maximum height of 17 meters and a maximum diameter of 2,5 meter, but I have also planned to add an bigger launch silo, maybe also a dock/harbor for spawning ships.

7m5sMMo.jpg

You can also enter the silo with your kerbals through the stairs, there is an control room with a window to the start tube and a balcony on which you can go around the rocket.

cnUbRAm.jpg

mmonMd1.jpg

You can open the silocover by clicking it.

VbJEiGc.jpg

It is closed before every new launch.

I have to thank Ranzcheck for his amazing Kerbtown Tools and the good documentation. Without him this wouldn't be possible.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/40374-WIP-KerbTown-v0-12-3-Beta-Place-static-buildings-cities-launch-sites-more!

I always wanted to create a historical ICBM and MRBM pack, but I didn't even start to model the parts, because I thought it would be pretty boring to launch them from the launchpad.

IMPORTANT

There is one known Bug:

Sometimes the launch stabilizers aren't deleted and the next rocket you try to launch crashes the whole game, so make sure through the tracking station, that you have all debris removed from the silo.

Happy Launching!

tNQM1It.jpg

Changes:

• 21.08.2013 - v0.1: first release
  • 22.08.2013 - v0.1.1: fixed a bug which caused the "select launchpad" button to disappear (thanks to raz)
  • 22.08.2013 - v0.1.2: added new textures

Cheers

Themorris

DOWNLOAD:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74618963/ICBM%20Silo%20v0.1.2.rar

KerbTown Tool:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/40374-WIP-KerbTown-v0-12-3-Beta-Place-static-buildings-cities-launch-sites-more!

LICENSE: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/

(I don't have a Spaceport account yet, but I think I will create one next week)

Edited by Themorris

Click just to the right of a flag selector, you should find the launch site selector. It doesn't show up for some reason.

Anyway, it's a nice silo, but could you make it deeper? Try using a FASA Titan II as a gauge, it's a good ICBM to start with.

Click just to the right of a flag selector, you should find the launch site selector. It doesn't show up for some reason.

Anyway, it's a nice silo, but could you make it deeper? Try using a FASA Titan II as a gauge, it's a good ICBM to start with.

Yes works!!!

Thank you about your respond!

@Themorris; Nice work, looks promising! :) You so spelled my name wrong, just write "Raz" if it's easier lol. I've also linked to this page from the KT development thread.

You do need to keep the Hubs Directory structure along side your mod otherwise you will get some minor issues (like the launch button texture disappearing).

GameData\Themorris\YourContent
GameData\Hubs\Plugins\KerbTown.dll
GameData\Hubs\Plugins\LICENSE.txt
GameData\Hubs\Assets\KerbTown\ktbActive.png
GameData\Hubs\Assets\KerbTown\ktbDisabled.png
GameData\Hubs\Assets\KerbTown\ktbNormal.png
GameData\Hubs\Assets\KerbTown\ktbOver.png

First of all, thank you for your responds.

@raz

The first time I tried to do it like you write it in the documentation, but then the animation stopped working. Please don't mid me if I changed the "select launchpad" button. It's now the launch button with another color. But I don't even know how thankful I am for the tools you made. I waited like a year for that:).

@sirkut

If you could help me with the texturing in blender, that would be great. I did texture some models before, but the UV unwrapping is still very hard to do.

@DarthVader

Yes, I planned to do so. Earlier I didn't have the motivation to do so, because I wasen't able to launch them from a silo:wink:.

But another problem that I have is, that I am not able to create particle systems with the part tools. If anyone knows, how to archive that, it would be great if you tell me how.

greetings

Themorris

PS: Thanks to The Destroyer for uploading the images to imgur. I think I will have to create an account there. So now I know: Dropbox photos do not work...

Edited by Themorris
type error

Looks pretty cool. Should be good when finished!

By the way though, if there isn't a download link of any kind this isn't really a thread for add-on release showcase, its for add-on development section.

EDIT : Has something weird happened in this thread and the OP been removed or something?

I don't know if it is normal, that every single post of me has to be unlocked by a mod, but yeah, I edited the OP so it has the imgur pictures from The Destroyer, and it got locked again and a mod has to take a look on it to unlock it again.

I hope that I can post without this restriction in the near future.

Hello there :)

Yes, it is normal that new users' posts need to be approved. This is a rather effective way to reduce spam and pre-screen messages that may be inappropriate. It does, however, cause some funny issues when the OP of a thread is edited. I have approved the posts now, and everything should be back to normal.

FEichinger

Hello there

Yes, it is normal that new users' posts need to be approved. This is a rather effective way to reduce spam and pre-screen messages that may be inappropriate. It does, however, cause some funny issues when the OP of a thread is edited. I have approved the posts now, and everything should be back to normal.

FEichinger

Hello,

thank you for the quick reaction. Is it anyhow possible to restore the OP? It is still missing.

EDIT:

Sorry for the missing Link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74618963/ICBM%20Silo.rar

greetings Themorris

Edited by Themorris
forgot the download link

@raz

The first time I tried to do it like you write it in the documentation, but then the animation stopped working. Please don't mid me if I changed the "select launchpad" button. It's now the launch button with another color. But I don't even know how thankful I am for the tools you made. I waited like a year for that:).

You are allowed to modify the button texture for now. -As long as the KerbTown.dll file remains unmodified. :)

I have sent you a modified archive via PM - you should really keep it this way, otherwise there will be issues with other installations. I tested the animation on the Silo as well, to make sure it still works. :wink:

Also, keep up the good work!! :D