• 13-16
    • 17-22
    • 23-27
    • 28-33
    • 34-40
    • 41-47
    • 48-55
    • 56+

The purpose of this thread is to determine the average age of KSP forum user during the end of the summer of 2013, and to get better insight of what might be the age of an average KSP player. I've put it in this section of the board because there's a lot of people here on daily basis, so the sample is better. If it's deemed as an unsuitable place, please leave it until the poll ends.

I've found one relatively old thread opened back in time when KSP wasn't famous as it is today (2011).

Let's see if the things have changed, and by how much. KSP has gained a lot of publicity since then.

I've used denser age choices in the region where more users are expected.

In order to make the poll better, the sampling has to be done as quickly as possible, in less than a month. I've set it to last 20 days. When the poll ends, the mods can close the thread, too.

The poll is anonymous, and you don't have to post your age if you don't want to. The poll is what matters.

Edited by lajoswinkler

I am 26, and I am actually sort of surprised there are as many 13-16 year olds playing as shown here. I figured most would be playing self-entitled games like CoD and crap, with the crowd here being much older(20+) considering it's a space sim and the general attitude I get from the forums. I mean go to a game like Minecraft and it's completely obvious on their forums the age demographic.

Edited by MaGicBush

I am 26, and I am actually sort of surprised there are as many 13-16 year olds playing as shown here. I figured most would be playing self-entitled games like CoD and crap, with the crowd here being much older(20+) considering it's a space sim and the general attitude I get from the forums. I mean go to a game like Minecraft and it's completely obvious on their forums the age demographic.

I'm 16, and I know very well that most other kids my age are playing crappy shooters. The thing is that this game attracts a more mature and patient audience, and although most kids don't have the patience for games like this, more than you would think do. Some 13 year olds are more mature than some 18 year olds.

I'm 16, and I know very well that most other kids my age are playing crappy shooters. The thing is that this game attracts a more mature and patient audience, and although most kids don't have the patience for games like this, more than you would think do. Some 13 year olds are more mature than some 18 year olds.

Very true, age doesn't matter in some cases but I have honestly found that very rare so the numbers surprised me a bit with the majority being younger. I mean I assumed there would be some, but not as many as shown here. We all know what assumption means though :).

Edited by MaGicBush

I think there might be some problems with the age cutoffs producing erroneous patterns in the distribution, but not sure. That said, it almost looks a tad bit bimodal.

ADDIT: yeah, looking at it a bit more, there are some problems there. For the way the data are rendered on the site, your age categories really must be equal in size and they are not. You've got some with four years, some with five and some with six.

I would suggest the following:

12 and under

13-18

19-24

25-30

31-36

37-42

43-48

49-54

55-60

61 and over

Edited by Diche Bach

There was a thread asking this very same question like, two months ago. If you were on the forum at the time you should have seen it ; it was very popular. However, I always take joy in participating in community surveys so I'll vote on your poll. Fourteen here. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.