Heavy Mobile crane trucks, Who all has them?

I have been doing a ton of building outside of the VAB/SPH so I built a couple of trucks, toters, and a gantry to help move some stuff around and reload my bigger SSTOs for their next flights. So I had a thought, I always seen gantries doing most of the heavy lifting, but I find myself using my trucks. I can lift both parts of my SSTO with it without breaking a sweat separately of course the combined weight is a little over 250tons. So who here has the biggest baddest truck based crane that can lift the most weight off of a boom?

screenshot2_zps838c9c33.png

and the side of it holding it off to the side.

screenshot3_zps0674d203.png

The only struts are in the boom itself everything else is as is, and it has a nuke genny for power!!!!

This is as heavy as I have built a crane rover... basically just for getting smaller rovers back on their wheels if they survive a crash

DCfAwM2.jpg

Seats 5 (two controllers, a command seat, science station and a crane operator seat0

Alacrity

They're usually the first thing I build when a new update comes out, and building a good one usually eats up a good five hours plus. I even used the pistons and hinges from Damned Robotics and the cab from TT's Modular Wheels pack to make a pretty decent replica of a Liebherr LTM 1150 as well as an LR 1550 (?) in previous builds. The LTM was next to useless, due to the way struts react to the Damned Robotic parts, and the multiple docking ports necessary to make the telescopic boom work weren't the most stable joints, but it looked pretty cool. The LR on the other hand, worked great and had an amazing capacity (I think it was ~200 tons on Kerbin), as it used a great deal of winches from KAS and only loose hinges. I'd post some real life reference pics, but imgur isn't accepting my uploads right now... Anyway, here's the only one I've made in .21 so far (I've been on a bit of KSP break for the last couple weeks).

p><p>It

EDIT: For the record, the one in the foreground is my modular Kethane/Ore hauler.

Edited by espm400

Right now I am building something with a little more reach. But the track pack I am using keeps Making it Jump off of the pad and is preventing me from making more progress. I have learned though the Damned Robotics will not lift 500 ton on the powered hinges, that or the booms I have made keep failing due to being a single stalk or bi-stalk configuration, so I am looking to the RL for some answers namely drag lines and there boom shapes.

This crane has no motorized joints for lifting, everything will be done with 3 KAS units working in sync. The boom will be a double to mono with a high arch back with a single line altered KAS with 200m cable. I will also build a support truck to go with it to house different attachments for lifting different loads.

screenshot4_zpsf214e9a6.png

• 7 years later...

I have made a Liebherr LTM 1120-4.1 replica (Kiebherr KTM 1120-4.1), a Liebherr LTM 1050-3.1 Replica (Kiebherr KTM 1050-3.1), and some mobile gantry cranes. The Kiebherr cranes look pretty close to the real life version, but don't work very well since I only used the alligator hinges from Breaking Ground instead of an actual luffing ram (I use Tweakscale, Breaking Ground, and KAS to build most cranes , but on some cranes I use the panels from Making History). One of the gantry cranes I made, though, can lift approx. 4 tons or something like that. I think that crane was a "KerbalKran Industries"  GKR-978B. I have put the Kiebherr crane, as well as a "KerbaLift" KFL-300E forklift on the steam workshop. Also, espm400, I think it's really cool that you know Liebherr:cool:! They are my favorite company, and I really want an LTM 1030-2.1 (Not a model, a real crane!!:sticktongue:) Unfortunately, I saw a USED crane that was like $200,000 or $300,000, and it was in the UK, so we would need to travel there, pay in pounds, and then somehow pay to get it shipped back to the US!

PS: I will not be surprised if nobody sees this post, and I know that I am posting on a 7 year old thread.  

Edited by Ben J. Kerman
No raisin (Only Futurama fans will understand)

3 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

I would gladly post some pictures. One thing though; How do I insert files (They are .png) from my computer to a post on the forum?

The forum itself does not host pictures so we use a hosting service like imgur or google drive. This great guide explains the process using imgur:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long! Here are images of the Kiebherr KTM 1120-4.2, Kiebherr KTM 1030-2,1, and Kiebherr KTC 1050-3.1. Sorry if there are too many pictures, but I wanted to give you a good view of the cranes. I have also made other cranes which may or may not be posted here and on the Steam Workshop somewhat soon. As you can see, I updated the driver's cab for the KTM 1030-2.1, and it is closer to the real Liebherr cab than the one on the KTM 1120-4.2. 

Kiebherr KTM 1120-4.2 All terrain mobile crane

vlcsnap2021030814h59.png302vlcsnap2021030814h59.pngaadvlcsnap2021030814h59.png

2d7vlcsnap2021022422h59.png cdevlcsnap2021022422h59.png36bvlcsnap2021022417h40.png 2d8vlcsnap2021022423h00.png

Kiebherr KTM 1030-2.1 All terrain mobile crane

vlcsnap2021030814h51.pngvlcsnap2021030814h50.pngd51vlcsnap2021030814h51.png38bvlcsnap2021030814h52.png56bvlcsnap2021030814h53.png6dbvlcsnap2021030814h53.png8acvlcsnap2021030814h52.png

Kiebherr KTC 1050-3.1 Compact mobile crane

99evlcsnap2021030814h54.png676vlcsnap2021030814h54.png972vlcsnap2021030814h54.pngef8vlcsnap2021030814h54.pngad8vlcsnap2021030814h54.pngca7vlcsnap2021030815h00.pngvlcsnap2021021215h22.png

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the link:https://kerbalx.com/Ben_J_Kerman/KTM-1120-43. Just be aware that you might have some problems depending on how heavy the pod is. If you need me to, I could attempt to construct a skycrane helicopter or a better ground based crane, but so far, even with the DLC, I have not been able to make a helicopter that actually flies.

Also, thanks for helping me out with Tweakscale earlier, Lisias! One thing thing that would really help me with crane construction (crane-struction!) would if I could scale the hydraulic cylinders from Breaking Ground, if that is possible (You made Tweakscale, right? ;)

P.S. Do you like my new signature?

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

• 4 weeks later...

Sany is a Chinese brand. Their SCG8000A is similar to the Liebherr LR 1800.

German engineering vs. Chinese engineering. I mean, there is no question! :wink::) I have to admit, it still is a cool big crane.

I actually watched that video on YouTube a month or two ago!

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.