[DEAD] ICBM Pack

Themorris

Hi,

I've been reworking the normalmaps, so kickstage-firststage tank is finished(the old ones looked crappy):

Lb0Jzwb.png

UYi3A5j.png

GnmwC12.png

I dont know, how long it takes to finish all of the textures, but I'm working on it

cheers

Themorris

EDIT:

@DarthTrololo

I'm at school right know(having a lot of free time), but the files are at home, so I will upload them as soon as I get home, so you can "unzip" (forgive phun).

Edited by Themorris

I don't hate MJ, I just don't need it.

This was ment to be a joke... :wink:

I also don't need it, normally. But I also can't calculate the airdrag on reentry, so my impact isn't that precise.

So I activate the landing autopilot, when I'm in space. Then it corrects my course so the airdrag calculation is included, after that I switch it of again.

greetings

Themorris

So,

the new second stage and the warhead are finally imported with normalmaps, so the diffuse maps are next.

The reentry vehicle doesn't need any, because of the lack of details.

The secondstage is looking good so far:

qIg8iS1.jpg

ER7RCIr.jpg

TxBSPZq.jpg

Sure,

Every single part of the rocket is seperate. I don't like whole stages in addons, because you can't use them in other vehicles.

Also, the engine fits to stock parts, but the rocket is 1:1 real size = 3m by diameter.

greetings,

Themorris

PS:

Maybe upload of the new version today...

New Version:

-added normalmaps

-fixed inverted controls

-it doesn't matter if you have mechjeb or not, if you have mechjeb, the control part will have mechjeb

-blanced engines and fuel

-fixed whobbling

-changed some meshes

for download, look in the OP

greetings,

Themorris

Ehm,

I've done a bit more than I expected, so...

It's completely finished.

MEWHAHAHA:

sdNepse.jpg

have fun...

a silo will follow...

But I think my work will be interrupted by modeling a plot for Kerbin City.

If you have any problems, ask.

greetings,

Themorris

You going to do the dnepr version? The service module was slightly different the service stage flipped over when the second stage was separated and the engine fired backwards(relative to the way it fires in the regular service engine. Also can you put a .zip up of the new version?

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll zip it right now.

I think I'll start working on the new service module for the dnepr next week.

For now you can shoot satellites into orbit with this thing. Just mount them on the service module.

I cut its fuel in half before the release, because it was very overpowered(and still is).

I had some free time today, so I thought I finish the textures.

greetings,

Themorris

Not yet.

There is still some polishing to do, and first I wanted to do the russian styled silo, the R-36M fits in.

I think I'm starting with the silo tomorrow. This won't take that long, because its only a static object(were his last words).

I also thought about making a Launchpad as a seperate mod, which is like the one in baikunur, from which the russian sojuz-rockets are launching, because I really like Bobcats Soviet Pack.

I'd lokate that one near KSC2.

I don't know, what to do first...

-Minuteman

-Silo for R36M

-Baikunur style Launchpad near KSC2

greetings,

Themorris

PS: When I start something new, be sure I'll let you know ;)

The upper stages are appearing untextured like in the alpha release, I'll re install to check if it was a corrupt DL and get back to you. Also the craft only includes the lower stages. Although it could be related to the fact that I didn't update the .craft only the parts. Edit: double checked, not a problem on my end, the .craft includes first stage with out the kick stage and nothing else. Weird, should be easy to fix.

Edited by DarthVader

I looked up all the files, I can't find any problem.

Everything works fine for me. Try re-downloading and delete the old craft-file and package.

Could you please send a screenshot of your problem?

And can anyone else, who has the same problem please confirm it.

The files are fine, and so is the craft file...

I uploaded some fixes multiple times yesterday, maybe your download was interupted by an update...

I'm working on getting a Spaceport accoount, but at the time, Spaceport is very weird with accounting. I haven't received any confirmation e-Mail yet, and when I try to log in with my account, it says "wrong password", but when I try to get my password mailed, the e-Mail never arrives.

greetings,

Themorris

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, I have to do a lot in school right now(i'm in class 13, thats the last year in germany).

I haven't startet the Minuteman yet, But the modeling of the silo for the R-36M is nearly finished. When it's done, I'll start testing and texuring it. I think I'll place it near KSC2.

greetings,

Themorris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I hope not. I love what there is so far and it has great potential. :(

As I already said, i'm writing finals in January and already have to learn:P. I hope I can finish the R-36 in February and continue the pack. But not for the next two months.

If someone wants to take care of it until then, I'd be happy.

greetings,

Themorris

EDIT: what I meant with "take care of" is balancing :) its pretty much overpowered right now.

Also I don't know, what causes the texture fails, I can't reproduce the problems.

Edited by Themorris

what I meant with "take care of" is balancing :) its pretty much overpowered right now.

Also I don't know, what causes the texture fails, I can't reproduce the problems.

I don't know that much about modding, but I will do some tweaking with the config files to see if I can balance it a little bit.

• 4 months later...