[1.0.5/1.1 pre_Release] Electric Charge Meter

Leemon1

I've released my first mod for KSP; a visual meter that will show you how much electric charge you have remaining on your vessel. The meter has adjustable warning levels, to let you know when your power is getting low.

Update - I uploaded a new version that is compatible with KSP version 1.1 pre-Release

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/223817-electric-charge-meter

Here is a Youtube video of a prototype version:

Enjoy!

Leemon1

Edited by Leemon1
update

Man- just wanted to say this part is a LIFESAVER. It's become stock on every single probe I build, and a good most of my ships. Only thing I'm curious about- why does the green light blink?

And, are there any plans to make versions for say, Monoprop, Fuel, Oxidizer, etc?

Might be nice to have a small panel assembly...

Edited by Tassyr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree, 10kg (22 lbs.) for a display sensor is a bit heavy (major understatement). It makes me wonder what it's made of to be so small and weigh that much, especially on a spacecraft, where extra weight requires exponential fuel and thrust, not to mention the placement of one on the side of a rocket would cause it to be lopsided and require some sort of compensation.

It is pretty easy to add it to the tech tree, just check out the config file in the part folder and enter the lines TechRequired = survivability

entryCost = 0

THIS IS BEFORE

// --- editor parameters ---

cost = 100

category = Utility

subcategory = 1

title = Charge Meter

manufacturer = LeemonCorp

description = A visual indicator of the electric charge remaining for a vessel

THIS IS AFTER

// --- editor parameters ---

TechRequired = survivability

entryCost = 0

cost = 100

category = Utility

subcategory = 1

title = Charge Meter

manufacturer = LeemonCorp

description = A visual indicator of the electric charge remaining for a vessel

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I updated the code to provide tweakable yellow and red warning levels. The new version, which is compatible with 0.24.x, has been posted to the Curse site and I updated the original post. I hope that some of you are enjoying my mod. It was a fun learning exercise to create it.

• 1 year later...

This is pretty cool. Is there a chance of getting a version wich reacts to the "consuption/production-rate" of electric charge?

What I try to explain is something like this:

- green light if your vessel/rover has a allover positive rate of electrcity

-Yellow if it doesnt change

-Red if you're draining your batteries.

Would be nice for rovers to see when you have to make a break and look for a nice sunny spot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2016 at 5:37 PM, Azimech said:

I like it. I request the ability to define a different resource in the cfg. Imagine a starship bridge with a "christmas tree".

Second the ability to be able to specify the resource.

@Leemon1 Would it be possible to setup a tweakable for the part in the VAB/SPH to change what resource the indicator displays?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.