MechJeb 2 - Patch test bed release (October 10)

sarbian

Thanks for posting the video, i tried to reply in the other thread but not sure whats going on with that. Like i said, nice rocket. Also just in case, you can turn your tolerance up to around .5 or .8 and that will help with chasing the ball.

I've had a problem with mechjeb today. I've had the mod working just fine with the game since .21 came out, I have the most up to date version of the game and the mod. Mechjeb just stopped working all of a sudden. The tab on the right side of the screen no longer appears when I attach the mechjeb part to a craft. I tried reverting my game folder to it's original state, didn't work; I tried the patch version on this thread as well as the version found at the Spaceport. I have changed nothing, it just decided to stop working. Has anybody had a problem similar to this? This has never happened to me with mechjeb or any other mod. I appreciate the help if somebody knows what's going on.

Edit: Fixed it. It was my anti-virus. Comodo Internet security updated its programming today and made my computer reboot, that's when MJ stopped showing up. I should have realized. Apparently the av was identifying MJ files as invalid certificates, and it wouldn't allow me to whitelist the files, only .exe files for some reason. When I disabled the program in startup, it sought revenge and killed my internet connection too, so off to the depths of space goes that anti-virus.

I'll leave this up as I'm sure that I'm not the only one using MJ and Comodo Internet Security.

Edited by sierrabravo1984
Fixed it

and MJ seems lost control of the rocket randomly..... like this time i lauched the rocket ok, then revert flight to launch, then MJ will lost control & crash my rocket. Sometimes simply revert the flight again will get it working properly again but most time i need to restart ksp..... weird...

I have a trick for that. If you have monopropellent you can veryfie it easy, when rcs auto mode is on, when u engage ascent autopilot, the monopropellent start to be used even b4 launch. To fix that, just open smart ass panel, press RAD + once and put it back to off, then re-engage auto-pilot. Im sure it will fix your problem too let me know.

so off to the depths of space goes that anti-virus.

I'll leave this up as I'm sure that I'm not the only one using MJ and Comodo Internet Security.

I use AVG Free Edition. It's never had a problem and it updates automatically with newest ant-virus definitions.

Hello All.

A quick release for small changes : 2.0.13252.1108

- Menu windows will stay on screen even if you drag the button down ( for those with lower res)

- Tf is now saved per ship

No more release from me until I come back from my trip mid-october. Last week was a bit hard on me since I had some problem with my back (a lumbago) and was glued to my bed, so I had no time to dev and you only get 2 really small fix.

Current version has some problem but nothing too serious so you should be fine.

Reading 1 month of post will be hard so it would be nice if you could use the github issue page to submit bug / improvement / suggestion and comment on them.

Japan, here I come :)

I'd like to second the motion for Smart A.S.S to default to "off" on ships that have undocked from each other.

Yes, please. I've almost destroyed a couple stations because the ship I undocked decided it needed to immediately be facing the other way on undock.

When you get back from Japan, that is. :)

Hello All.

A quick release for small changes : 2.0.13252.1108

- Menu windows will stay on screen even if you drag the button down ( for those with lower res)

- Tf is now saved per ship

No more release from me until I come back from my trip mid-october. Last week was a bit hard on me since I had some problem with my back (a lumbago) and was glued to my bed, so I had no time to dev and you only get 2 really small fix.

Current version has some problem but nothing too serious so you should be fine.

Reading 1 month of post will be hard so it would be nice if you could use the github issue page to submit bug / improvement / suggestion and comment on them.

Japan, here I come :)

Remember when I said "cant wait to see what you can pull off in that timeframe" and you said "No pressure". You killed it lol. Thanks for the hard work man. Have a fun trip.

I packed my bag quicker than expected and made the last september patch :P

Disable Module ( most of them I hope ) on Undocking Ship

Edit : uploaded this one twice. First one had some debug spam active

Edited by sarbian

I packed my bag quicker than expected and made the last september patch :P

Edit : uploaded this one twice. First one had some debug spam active

w00t! A big thank you, and enjoy your trip!

Just wanted to put my 2pennies in. Thanks for the hard work, I use 'Jeb a lot and have noticed some substantial improvements in my staff!

Also very gratified that I am not the only nutter who roleplays. I always attribute "unexpected behaviour" to the crew to the extent that I have a ship landed at KSP titled "naughty bus [GROUNDED]" that normally has fleshJeb in it along with some other folk who got caught messing about or alternatively (looking at you here Bill - never getting out of the naughty bus EVER - Kerman) they did a full retrograde burn and crash landed an 8 launch, built in orbit, interplanetary, 8k delta-V behemoth of a ship INSTEAD OF GOING TO JOOL. If I could have fired him I would - Poor performance and getting scared are not capitol offenses sadly so the naughty bus is the best I have. I could start a penitentiary on the moon of course but the gits would probably still crash en route...

Probably be a while until you read this, but I just thought I'd mention, having seen it in action...

September 9 bis (2.0.13252.2353)

...this is probably overkill. Leaving Smart A.S.S. open, but switching it to "OFF", was more or less what I was thinking when I mentioned the problem of undocking ships smashing into things. Disabling all modules, including the side-menu (MechJebModuleMenu) so that it appears MechJeb has been uninstalled, is a bit on the extreme side.

Quick question for the peanut gallery: is there some way to get MechJeb back in-game if MechJebModuleMenu is disabled? I got it back by hand-editing the mechjeb_settings_global.cfg file to change "enabled" from "False" to "True" in MechJebModuleMenu, but that's a bit cumbersome...

Probably be a while until you read this, but I just thought I'd mention, having seen it in action...

...this is probably overkill. Leaving Smart A.S.S. open, but switching it to "OFF", was more or less what I was thinking when I mentioned the problem of undocking ships smashing into things. Disabling all modules, including the side-menu (MechJebModuleMenu) so that it appears MechJeb has been uninstalled, is a bit on the extreme side.

Quick question for the peanut gallery: is there some way to get MechJeb back in-game if MechJebModuleMenu is disabled? I got it back by hand-editing the mechjeb_settings_global.cfg file to change "enabled" from "False" to "True" in MechJebModuleMenu, but that's a bit cumbersome...

Wow, no idea... let me get this straight... just to be clear. After undocking MJ2 just went away and you had to edit the settings file and re-enable? which I then have to presume means you had to restart?

Guess this is one update I'll be avoiding, at least until I can poke around in the source code and see if there's an alternative way of getting back from within game.

Wow, no idea... let me get this straight... just to be clear. After undocking MJ2 just went away and you had to edit the settings file and re-enable? which I then have to presume means you had to restart?

Yup. Didn't happen first time I undocked, I undocked a few times before it happened -- I presume its triggered by an undocking which, in previous versions, caused the undocked craft to immediate start doing something because Smart A.S.S. was still on and set some way. But yes, at one point I hit undock and MechJeb just disappeared entirely, all windows and even the side menu tab. Only way I could figure out to get it back was to edit the global settings file and reenable the menu module. Not sure if I needed to restart but I did. Possibly I could have gotten away with quitting to the main menu, editing, and going back?

Anyhow, I've dropped back to the previous version for now. I'm always fiddling with the setup of my stations, so I do an ungodly number of undockings in a typical session...

Edited by Gaius

Damn, so that's what it was that made me wipe mechjeb configs, I blamed it on the moving the button... Unfortunately I deleted the previous version.

Well, that's an excuse to build my own version if any...

P.S. Upon reflection, this is a wrong way to do it period. We change controlled vessel not only when undocking, but also when switching between vessels. The most advanced uses of MechJeb rely on MechJeb being active on vessels you're not currently controlling, so turning off anything if the vessel is no longer controlled is a bad idea.

The correct way to do this would be to disable SmartASS immediately before docking occurs, so that's what would get stored in the appropriate data structures for when it would be undocked.

Edited by Mihara

oooooops, i did a really stupid thing then..... i simply overwritten the dll of previous version with the latest....... without backup.......... :(

could anyone kind enough to share the previous dll?? orz

oooooops, i did a really stupid thing then..... i simply overwritten the dll of previous version with the latest....... without backup.......... :(

could anyone kind enough to share the previous dll?? orz

I'm in the same boat... does anyone have a copy of the Aug 31 build?

P.S. Upon reflection, this is a wrong way to do it period. We change controlled vessel not only when undocking, but also when switching between vessels. The most advanced uses of MechJeb rely on MechJeb being active on vessels you're not currently controlling, so turning off anything if the vessel is no longer controlled is a bad idea.

It's making no attempt to turn anything off merely if a vessel is no longer controlled. You're right, that would be an extraordinarily bad idea that would interfere with many useful things people do with MechJeb... but that's not what it's doing or trying to do.

The correct way to do this would be to disable SmartASS immediately before docking occurs, so that's what would get stored in the appropriate data structures for when it would be undocked.

If you can do that, that would work. Does KSP/Unity send some last notification to a vessel's parts/addons before packing it away into another's structure?

Edited by Gaius

It's making no attempt to turn anything off merely if a vessel is no longer controlled. You're right, that would be an extraordinarily bad idea that would interfere with many useful things people do with MechJeb... but that's not what it's doing or trying to do.

Well, if you say so, I admit I only had a very cursory glance at that particular code change, so I don't know for sure whether that would happen or not... but OnFixedUpdate and triggering the module disable if we're not the active vessel looks vaguely threatening.

I should read up on KSP plugin API. And C#. :)

If you can do that, that would work. Does KSP/Unity send some last notification to a vessel's parts/addons before packing it away into another's structure?

I'm not sure. I expect that MechJeb can find out if a docking node is changing state, though.