MechJeb 2 - Patch test bed release (October 10)

sarbian

I expect that MechJeb can find out if a docking node is changing state, though.

If it can do that, then it would be better for it to wait and disable Smart ASS on both vehicles upon undocking, maybe even turning on SAS as well for both vehicles at that time.

Here's a link to the Aug. 31 .dll. good thing I always wait a few days before grabbing new versions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5ovkg0f68wbg1w/MechJeb2.dll

Tell me if this link works, first time using dropbox.

Worked fine. Bless you my son. (actually I have no idea idea of our age differential; I just felt like saying it for some weird reason)

I am having trouble with the docking autopilot on the Sep 9 build. I engage it and it lines everything up and then does nothing. "moving forward to dock at 0.0m/s". I have speedlimit set at 0.5m/s.

Try turning off RCS fuel conservation. (oh, wait... that would be the build that totally disables MJ2 after undocking... you might want to skip that one and grab the DLL posted by Sojourner. He posted it directly above your post....

btw for the first time I tried setting speed limit to 0.0 for the first time then sat back and let MJ2 do everything itself. (for anyone who doesn't know, that effectively tells MJ2 there IS no speed limit.

This was with my very expensive Minmus Kethane orbital mining station that has given me so much trouble because of buggy physics issues with one of the Kethane tanks. I admit it was a little difficult for me to actually sit there doing NOTHING while my shuttle hurled itself at maximum speed (well maximum with RCS) as though Jebediah himself were manning the controls. But it did it! I was impressed... :confused:

Edited by Starwaster

you can turn your tolerance up to around .5 or .8 and that will help with chasing the ball.

Sorry for the late respond. Err where do i set the tolerance??? or are you referring to Tf in altitude adjustment?? i have that set at 0.9 now.

So, maybe I don't fully understand a certain feature, but my mechjeb tab recently disapeared on undocking. Was this intended? If so is there a key function to bring it back. Reloaded game and tab is still missing in SPH/VAB and in flight.

Great work though, keep it alive gents!

mechjeb tab recently disapeared on undocking.

Did you un-dock from the rocket section that had the MechJeb part installed or did you update your part configs? If you use the MJ part then it sounds like you undocked from the part of the ship that had MJ on it. I *think* you could edit the .cfg for the command module on the ship you are still flying to add it back in (but I could be wrong there, I haven't tried doing it in flight).

Good luck!

-Dead

I should reiterate that it is not working on any other vessels or in the VAB/SPH anymore either, but no, I don't edit CFG files. The station and ship both had a MJ part and when I undocked the ship from the station, MJ tab disapeared for everything.

I should reiterate that it is not working on any other vessels or in the VAB/SPH anymore either, but no, I don't edit CFG files. The station and ship both had a MJ part and when I undocked the ship from the station, MJ tab disapeared for everything.

Ahhhhhh, sorry I misunderstood... it sounds like MJ is crashing, can you post your logs? Somebody here might be able to figure out what is going on. I have never experienced a problem like that, I've only had issues like that with MJ after a patch or when adding or removing various mods. It could be a MJ cfg problem but that is only a guess (each MJ ?ship? or is it ?part? has a cfg file in the dll config folder.).

-Dead

Read a few pages back, look for Sojourner's post and grab the August 31st release that he has in his dropbox.

The issue you're experiencing is a direct result of the latest update which attempts to address MJ2 activating and performing maneuvers after undocking. The solution unfortunately results in MJ2 completely being disabled and apparently there's no means in-game of re-enabling it, it got written to the global settings config.

try going to gamedata/mechjeb2/plugins/plugindata/mehcjeb2 and deleting the mechjeb_settings_global.cfg file. That file will be recreated by mechjeb when you run KSP and controls all the window settings for the addon.

That did the trick. Thanks. What can cause this, or does it just happen sometimes? Should I see if another mod is doing this or just fix it if it does it again?

Read a few pages back, look for Sojourner's post and grab the August 31st release that he has in his dropbox.

The issue you're experiencing is a direct result of the latest update which attempts to address MJ2 activating and performing maneuvers after undocking. The solution unfortunately results in MJ2 completely being disabled and apparently there's no means in-game of re-enabling it, it got written to the global settings config.

Copy that, ill get the previous version.

When making suggestions like this it usually helps a lot to provide a direct link to your solution: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/47317-MechJeb-2-Patch-test-bed-release-%28September-9%29?p=645321&viewfull=1#post645321

When making suggestions like this it usually helps a lot to provide a direct link to your solution: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/47317-MechJeb-2-Patch-test-bed-release-%28September-9%29?p=645321&viewfull=1#post645321

You know, some times I will do exactly that because I'm such a swell guy who's just stupid enough to do people's work for them but I didn't have the link handy and shouldn't HAVE to go looking for that which people can search out themselves