MechJeb 2 - Patch test bed release (October 10)

sarbian

Speaking of 'solutions', I took the source from the September 9th update and piled together a version without the 'shutdown on vessel switch' code, and built it with monodevelop, the whole thing, including code I compiled from is here -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/djj3ptsqm8efmtg/fBH1UxbBxK (source will be there as dropbox finishes syncing, which is taking a weirdly long time)... Just for those who want to be able to move the tab without the mechjeb shutdown thing... I also haven't tested yet, so overwrite at your own risk.(ie, make a backup first)

Speaking of 'solutions', I took the source from the September 9th update and piled together a version without the 'shutdown on vessel switch' code, and built it with monodevelop, the whole thing, including code I compiled from is here -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/djj3ptsqm8efmtg/fBH1UxbBxK (source will be there as dropbox finishes syncing, which is taking a weirdly long time)... Just for those who want to be able to move the tab without the mechjeb shutdown thing... I also haven't tested yet, so overwrite at your own risk.(ie, make a backup first)

good deal, I'll trynit out

Hmmm, encounter new problem with autostaging..... i strapped the energia 1st stage booster from Kosmos pack to my rocket, and when it ran out of fuel...it didn't decoupled immediately, it decouple after 1-2 sec delay.... anyone encounter this too?

Shot5282.jpg

The 'pre' delay means 'wait x seconds after the last stage delay ends' and 'post' is 'wait x seconds after whichever of the following happens later in time: "running out of fuel" or "last stage was triggered" before advancing'

Hi, I have a problem with the landing guidance. I'm trying to set down some base modules on the surface of Minmus, but mechjeb miscalculates and tries to land with a horizontal velocity of 40m/s, resulting in a bang. I never had problems with landing guidance before, and the only thing unusual about the craft is that I use engines mounted on radial decouplers together with wheels, as the base is not supposed to have engines or wheels in the end.

With the 9/9 update, when launching all my rockets do a loop right after the gravity turn. The crazy thing is, that after that loop, the ascent continues normally.This way, it takes a lot of extra fuel to get into space.

Actually, what I've observed is that the first rocket I launch after starting the game doesn't exhibit the problem, but sometime after taffing about in space for a while, doing dockings and such, when I go back and launch another rocket (even the same one that launched fine earlier), the rocket attempts to do a roll maneuver on liftoff, and if it's not a sufficiently agile rocket, can indeed do a massive, energy-wasting loop, sometimes crashing or tearing the rocket apart from the stress. I think it may be related to the "force roll" feature somehow (but it does this even if you ensure that's turned off -- somehow the "offness" of this isn't getting through to the ascent guidance computer).

With the 9/9 update, when launching all my rockets do a loop right after the gravity turn. The crazy thing is, that after that loop, the ascent continues normally.This way, it takes a lot of extra fuel to get into space.
Actually, what I've observed is that the first rocket I launch after starting the game doesn't exhibit the problem, but sometime after taffing about in space for a while, doing dockings and such, when I go back and launch another rocket (even the same one that launched fine earlier), the rocket attempts to do a roll maneuver on liftoff, and if it's not a sufficiently agile rocket, can indeed do a massive, energy-wasting loop, sometimes crashing or tearing the rocket apart from the stress. I think it may be related to the "force roll" feature somehow (but it does this even if you ensure that's turned off -- somehow the "offness" of this isn't getting through to the ascent guidance computer).

I've noticed this behaviour before the 9/9 update. You can tell when MJ is planning on doing this roll if you see it peg the roll, yaw or pitch indicators when you engage the autopilot before igniting the engines. A workaround I've found is to disengage autopilot, open SmartASS, click on the NODE button, then turn SmartASS off again, and reengage autopilot. If that doesn't work for you, then you probably have a control part (capsule, probe core, etc) on backwards or upside down.

I've noticed this behaviour before the 9/9 update. You can tell when MJ is planning on doing this roll if you see it peg the roll, yaw or pitch indicators when you engage the autopilot before igniting the engines. A workaround I've found is to disengage autopilot, open SmartASS, click on the NODE button, then turn SmartASS off again, and reengage autopilot.

I've had this problem after the game has been running a while too... I just restart it.

I've noticed this behaviour before the 9/9 update. You can tell when MJ is planning on doing this roll if you see it peg the roll, yaw or pitch indicators when you engage the autopilot before igniting the engines. A workaround I've found is to disengage autopilot, open SmartASS, click on the NODE button, then turn SmartASS off again, and reengage autopilot. If that doesn't work for you, then you probably have a control part (capsule, probe core, etc) on backwards or upside down.

I noticed it before, the 9/9 update, too. Restarting KSP fixed it for me and I haven't had it since.

Am I doing something wrong when I get the following. Set a transfer from kerbin orbit to say Duna. I ask it plot a node, time gets accelerated until just before MJ should throttle up, it does some wheeling about, lineup and then recalculates the burn to take place in 40- odd days and goes back into accelerated time.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I burn to or it Kerbol. Ask MJ to transfer or should it be able to go straight from Kerbin orbit to Duna?

The starting orbits are between 80 and 150k.

Am I doing something wrong when I get the following. Set a transfer from kerbin orbit to say Duna. I ask it plot a node, time gets accelerated until just before MJ should throttle up, it does some wheeling about, lineup and then recalculates the burn to take place in 40- odd days and goes back into accelerated time.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I burn to or it Kerbol. Ask MJ to transfer or should it be able to go straight from Kerbin orbit to Duna?

The starting orbits are between 80 and 150k.

Yeah let it go. The reason it stopped is because it drifted away from the node so it stopped to reposition.

ok im trying to use two different MJ units with the same sarbian Aug 30 plugin

Ex- one ar202 is the modified Sarbian one

the other is the original mj.

No mater what i do i cannot get both to show up. ive tried renaming the unit like you would for any other part, if your wanting duplicates re sized or whatever. any thoughts?

Mechjeb/

parts/

-then both units with different names

EX.

Ar202.1 with its own model.mu/model000/part<----contatining Orginal Mj

Ar202.2 with its own model.mu/model000/part<----containing Sarbian modified unit

Edited by viperwolf

ok im trying to use two different MJ units with the same sarbian Aug 30 plugin

Ex- one ar202 is the modified Sarbian one

the other is the original mj.

No mater what i do i cannot get both to show up. ive tried renaming the unit like you would for any other part, if your wanting duplicates re sized or whatever. any thoughts?

Mechjeb/

parts/

-then both units with different names

EX.

Ar202.1 with its own model.mu/model000/part<----contatining Orginal Mj

Ar202.2 with its own model.mu/model000/part<----containing Sarbian modified unit

you edited its config file and changed it to say name = Ar.202.2?