MechJeb 2 - Patch test bed release (October 10)

sarbian

Hi MJ developers could we get the co-ordinates checked for the pad and the runways as MJ seems to be off when landing spaceplanes and returning rockets there is a suggestion in the post above mine that they are hard coded and could be possibly off with the recent game changes thanks for all your hard work

VG

no word on carreer mode compatability? not nagging, just curious as to the state of things.

You need to download r4m0n's latest dev build - the latest dev update folds most of sarbian's fixes into the main build, and also has career mode integration.

Do note that the AR-202 case has been put in the very last Tech Node in the tree, so you'll either have to crank through the Tech Tree real quick to unlock it, or you can use ModuleManager to automatically add MechJeb to all Command Pods in-game.

You know what would be awesome -- being able to make parts that only have sections of mechjeb enable. Like, just the smartASS, or just the orbital info, etc.

Yup. More awesome would be if the MJ functional modules were distributed across the tech tree. Maybe--just guessing here--start with the data panels, then Smart ASS, then the various auto pilots.

or, better yet, the functional modules could be unlocked in the tech tree as part of the various command pods.

Edited by Botch

You know what would be more awesome still? If people read more than the last page of the thread, where (a) this has already been discussed and (B) it's been pointed out that MJ already has this functionality. You can blacklist modules from the CFG, and they won't be available to the part.

Do note that the AR-202 case has been put in the very last Tech Node in the tree, so you'll either have to crank through the Tech Tree real quick to unlock it, or you can use ModuleManager to automatically add MechJeb to all Command Pods in-game.

Or you can edit part.cfg to put it in whatever node you want it to appear in.

You know what would be more awesome still? If people read more than the last page of the thread, where (a) this has already been discussed and (B) it's been pointed out that MJ already has this functionality. You can blacklist modules from the CFG, and they won't be available to the part.

oh, hey there , NathanKell! Welcome to the internet! You know what would be totally awesome? if everyone was really snippy and jerky! As of right now, there are 46 pages of comments on this thread. 46 pages. Suggesting I read them all before commenting is sort of a non starter, but thanks for the advice. As far as your actual advice. Gee thanks, but most people wouldn't know what you're talking about and anyway it isn't the sort of turnkey behavior I was talking about.

But whatever. Way to go policing this thread and all. Really. So awesome

Yeah, so I was a _bit_ snippy. Sorry. It's just that was about the sixth time it's been brought up, over the last three-odd pages (sometimes only three posts apart!) in this and the other MJ thread. You happened to be the camel-back-breaking-straw.

oh, hey there , NathanKell! Welcome to the internet! You know what would be totally awesome? if everyone was really snippy and jerky! As of right now, there are 46 pages of comments on this thread. 46 pages. Suggesting I read them all before commenting is sort of a non starter, but thanks for the advice. As far as your actual advice. Gee thanks, but most people wouldn't know what you're talking about and anyway it isn't the sort of turnkey behavior I was talking about.

But whatever. Way to go policing this thread and all. Really. So awesome

This isn't about reading 46 pages of comments.

It's about reading the damned instructions. If that's a non-starter then maybe expecting people to help should be a non-starter too.

having a hard time finding the modulemanager, since it's being a right pain in the tookus and isn't popping up on the spaceport search

That's because it's not on the Spaceport. It never was. Look for its download link in its thread in the forum. (you'll have to search; I don't have a link handy)