great sci fi book series

tntristan12

Just thought I would call for the attention of anyone who likes science fiction literature. I just finished this amazing book series by Joe Haldeman (author of the Forever War, and if you haven\'t heard of that book it is definitely worth checking out as well). Basically it is about a girl who discovers life on mars by happenstance and this has far reaching consequences for the rest of humanity. It is interesting to explore these consequences in detail but there is still plenty of mystery and a very gripping character drama.

If you\'re interested, it\'s called Marsbound, and it is part of a recently finished trilogy containing the books Starbound and Earthbound. The reason I am mentioning it is because I really appreciate good science fiction and I wish there were someone out there who had told me this series existed long before I discovered it on my own. Unfortunately, like most hard (realistic) science fiction, it is relatively obscure... But I know the KSP community can appreciate it.

PS you should totally check out the tvtropes page I made for it. It really needs some updating! Lol

Hard scifi? Gotta read Kim Stanley Robinson\'s Mars Trilogy. It\'s all about terraformation, so it starts with Red Mars, then they get Green Mars and finally Blue Mars as the atmosphere thickens.

Got some interesting ideas on global economics, too.

Kindled! I was disappointed to find that the titles for the first two books are ____ Mars (Mars Trilogy) and the last one is just ____ Mars. The OCD in me is rebelling, but I cracked open the first book and it looks like a really interesting read! Hope it fills the hole left in my heart by the Marsbound Trilogy. ::)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.