What do you hate most about the game? (What do you like most about the game?)

Legendary Emu

Likes: The possibilities. Freakin' limitless, man. To quote one of my favourite lines from Tron: Legacy, I get to "knock on the sky, and listen to the sound"

Dislikes: The render distance/physics-on-rails limit. 2.5 kilometers? Come ON, how am I supposed to build anything of decent size with that limit? Also, to a minor extent, the physics lag issue, but that's not really a big deal.

I won't call it hate but here are a few bugs that have made me go "Ugh!!!" in the past.

1. Building a huge ship only to realize that you've built something that the game engine won't let you launch. I guess I should know I'm doing something wrong when it starts taking ten full seconds to place a strut :wink:

2. Glitchy target markers and intersect points. I'm one who likes to switch back and forth between target vessel and docking vessel while performing a rendezvous and it seems to add partial lines all over the place with each switch.

3. The fact that Kerbals keep re boarding my pod no matter how many times I take them out. I'm not a good preplanner, so I end up doing a lot of unmanned rescue missions to retrieve Kerbals sitting on planets and moons.

What do I love about the game:

1. The open ended story line and the feeling that I'm building something truly unique.

What am I excited about for the future of KSP:

1. Career mode

2. Interstellar travel

3. Reasons to do things like build bases, send out probes, and set up stations.

Edited by DrGonzo
grammar

Hate:

The lag monster. It hates my space station designs.

Love:

There's is something really beautiful about this time in a civilizations evolution. Making those first steps off your own planet. If there are other inhabited planets out there, they may have gone through this themselves. We share a bond with them without even knowning it. The challenges, the destruction, the victories we had to go though to understand how to make it all work. It's universal somehow, and that makes the galaxy seem just a little bit smaller and more like home.

Also along the way, we get to see what NASA needs to do to launch missions (altough a limited view). We get to see just how close low orbit really is, and how thin our protective atmosphere is, yet at the same time how difficult it can be to leave a planets gravity well. It makes me feel like I'm in control on NASA with all those toys in my back yard, just waiting to be played with. And when I watch shows on TV about space and rockets, and see the similarity between the real stuff and KSP parts, I get a big grin on my face and think to myself, I know what that part is!

I love that this is teaching young people these concepts and letting them experience just how small the world is. How much we all need each other. How we all share a common sense of wonder and excitement about the unknown. Keep up the good work Squad!

The game is still so far away from what it will end up being. That is in a strange way a dislike because I'm used to the game as it is now.

Repeat the first sentence for what I like about the game. Its so cool now, I can only imagine what the finessed product will be like.

Dislike: Load in times on other ships in the area, lack of a ship shielding pod big enough for a small lander sized rocket that will protect it when I use 7 mainsail's to launch it

Like: the freedom to be creative and expand the bounds and imagination. The campy humor you guys put into everything is a great touch. the deigns.

Likes: the lack of structure, just a universe, tools and your own imagination.

The sheer satisfaction of pulling of something hours in the making.

Dislikes:lack of stuff to do on planets, like science or resources.

Launching. 20 minutes of following the prograde marker and hoping lag won't tear the ship apart in the process is not my idea of fun...

Dislikes:

General shonkiness of attaching parts in the VAB/SPH when craft get complicated

General shonkiness of driving rovers

Lack of rigidity in large craft

Instability of relative velocity vector in large craft that lack rigidity

Science, physics, spacecraft, exploration, the whole package

I do want more science parts and stuff to do when we get out there, but I understand that's all coming, for now I'm roleplaying my science

The most I hate inaccurate physics modelling. That thing would be possible to make much better with not much additional work. It would need just a knowledge of numerical computation. It is extremely annoying to notice, that orbits change during time without maneuvers and ruin missions (it may due to inaccurate prediction), orbit prediction can not detect SOI changes (especially Jools moons work badly), and that conic patch model, which gives errors of hundreds of meters per second.

Other thing is bugs here, bugs there, bugs everywhere. Small annoying errors. Well, game is in alpha stage, so I knew that I bought tons of bugs, but I hope that at some point in near future devs would finish the game more ready. But I have made so much games, that I know that it is very funny to program new things and very boring to make old things to work.

Third major problem is very inefficient programming. That Unity system seems to be very very stupid. But of course I understand, that there are also economic things in this world and the real choice may be that nobody would have programmed this game from scratch.

However, this is one of most greatest games I have played and it have given far most bang for the buck than any other game. Despite things I complained it has given hundreds of hours of fun to explore Kerbol's solar system, build strange crafts, make orbital calculations (game without math is nothing), try to find own and game's limits etc. I am astronomy, science and technology fun and unfortunately large game companies will probably never make anything like this game. I have even tried to program my own space games but it is too large work to one person. And my games concentrate to physics and not graphics. So, this is thanks to Squad for excellent game and not complain.

Love:

The Kerbals. They're so cute!

Building anything but the things the game was made for.

The community. Keeps amazing me.

Hate:

The lag. The painful lag. Only got 13 fps on a 1150-part ship!

The lack of any 'sexy' parts. Where are my sleek spaceships, my aerodynamic crew buses, my minimalistic Mun buildings?

Kerbin. KSP has got the largest realistic world in any game, and it's empty! Squad, build us some cities, will you?

Love:

Building

Testing

Flying....things.

Learning

Exploring

Roving

Hate:

Tricky construction. I want to take a collection of parts off, spin it around and add it again via another part of it, that would be lovely.

Slightly boring planets and moons. More stuff to do once out there would be lovely.

Missing maneuver nodes due to time warping a little bit too much. Auto stop on SOI change would be lovely.

I thought it was the single core use of the program, or the loading of everything into memory, but last night I finally discovered what many of you surely already know (I'm a bit of a n00b), and that's the fact that I can't send a probe on it's merry way under throttle and go do something else. I have to accelerate it and then throttle the engine all the way back if I want to go launch another mission =/

Seems petty, but it annoys me -_-

What do I like? The endless possibilities, of course :D

Hate: Large ships lagging. The only thing that limits my imagination.

Love: Everything else.

This echoes my thoughts exactly. Obviously more content is wonderful but the only thing that really bothers me about the game is the way it lags with high part count even on my relatively beastly machine... as a side note, I want the ability to have multiple ships loaded in memory in different areas concurrently (i.e. both active). but that's just because of some stuff I want Telemachus to be able to do. :P

What do you hate most about the game? And in contrast, what do you like most about the game?

Top five most hated things for me

1: Starting a new save and having to start all over again. I hate pretending to be excited about landing on the Mun for the "First time."

2: Interplanetary travel. You need to bring so much fuel and prepare your maneuvers so early only to realize you didn't bring enough RCS to turn around in time or to get attacked by a vicious Kraken.

3: Testing landers? More like crashing landers.

4: Building landers. You make such a cool design and scrap it because that engine doesn't fit.

5: Malfunctioning radar altimeter.

Top five most liked things for me

1: EVA's inspecting random parts of my station or ship because that's fun.

2: Exploring planets and moons surfaces.

3: Flying my awesome space fighter type stuff.

4: Building awesome ship designs that slightly resemble IRL ships

5: Having awesome ideas on stations and bases and ships all kinds of things.

Oh I could go on with the things I like about KSP but this is most liked sooo... Yeah, post your lists (Or just single most hated/loved thing.)

What bugs me?

(1) Launches always seem to be scheduled for NIGHT!!! (arghhhhhH!)

(2) Hitting spacebar when I didn't intend to and jettisoning my chute at 400 m/s

(3) Odd planetary body names. What's wrong with Earth, Mars, Moon, etc...? They're not copyright, are they? :)

What I like?

Everything else!

I'll start with LOVE:

Building 150+ part intricate, durable, articulating delivery systems for non Kerbin planetary bodies

Sandbox game mode

KAS, KW, TAC, Infernal (Damned) Robotics and all the rest of the mods and modders out there

The ability to plan an execute realistic(ish) missions (thanks to KW fairings)

HATE:

Counter intuitive construction rules

Must build around control module

Limited node points (why doesn't the 6 sided pod have 8 nodes?)

This severely restricts the ability to copy or modify existing assemblies

No sub assembly stock (Thank god .22 will address this)

Cant mount round bodies to flat surfaces (try to put a fuel tank against a structural plate)

I think this is because of the limited connection nodes, since the node is in the center of the cylinder the walls of the tank clip with the plate.

Why the **** do my engines and tanks wobble so bad? I get it when building boosters, but the main lifter assy shouldn't be wobbling on the pad, and engines shouldn't break off while turning in atmosphere.

The physics are terribad

Disclaimer: I'm a relatively new player so this isn't a pro nit picking the game. These are first impression types of issues that will affect directly how a new customer will react to the extremly steep learning curve.

Things I hate:

1) 32 bits. WE NEED MOAR MEMORY, CAPTAIN! I run out of memory with my big ships all the !@$$ing time, and it really pisses me off that in the year 2013, game devs would still be making 32 bit executables. I've got 16 GB of memory, and my computer is four and a half years old.

2) Kraken

3) Kraken

4) Kraken

5) Single core, though I realize that multicore programming is still a big challenge.

Things I love:

1) Pretty much everything else. Don't let my above gripes get in the way of my overall opinion of KSP- KSP is an awesome game overall, and it's not even done yet!

Edited by |Velocity|

Most of mine have already been mentioned by others, but here is one I haven't seen mentioned:

Hate

Inconsistency. I can launch the same rocket 10 times successfully and then suddenly it just starts crashing and failing all over the place.

Love

That Squad takes the time to make sure that each version of the game they release is playable. I know this must slow down development since it limits how features get added. I dig getting to play the alpha.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.