Remove flags from "Flights in Progress" at save load menu.

You can always filter them out yourself, y'know. :)

While this may work for the Tracking Station view, in reality the Load saved game menu will still count flags towards the total number of concurrent flights.

While this may work for the Tracking Station view, in reality the Load saved game menu will still count flags towards the total number of concurrent flights.
Well, that I can agree with. They're not flights, and they're not "active" per se, so yeah. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to post and agree with this comment - I would still leave Bases as "flights" though; although they're not "flying", they ARE still missions.

BUT....having flags on the "flights" list is a bit irritating as I've currently got 14 flags spread across a number of planets and it really bloats my flight number from what the number of flights REALLY is.

+1 to you good sir. Please think about doing this SQUAD! :)

Well even without the flags issue, "Flights" aren't even flights either, if you catch my meaning. Space stations get called "flights' when they're not. Landed rovers get called "flights" when they're not, and so on. Really the core problem here isn't flags. It's that the vocabulary term "flights" is incorrectly used for things ALL OVER the place in the game, not just for flags. Really it should be "Vessels" (what they are in the save file), or "craft". You don't have 210 "flights" in your save game. You have 210 "vessels" in your saved game.

• 3 weeks later...

On the topic of map view bloat and start screen flight bloat, I think it would be useful to have different classes,

Possibly

Active craft,

Flags,

permanent orbiting stations and satellites,

Bases.

I`d like to set whether any craft appears in the list or not for any craft. "Ignore this craft/vessel whatever you want to call it". I have stations that I will never move or control again but they are part of my comms network. I`d like them also to have an option of not bloating my map view whilst continuing operation without having to call them debris or a flag...

On the topic of map view bloat and start screen flight bloat, I think it would be useful to have different classes,

Possibly

Active craft,

Flags,

permanent orbiting stations and satellites,

Bases.

I`d like to set whether any craft appears in the list or not for any craft. "Ignore this craft/vessel whatever you want to call it". I have stations that I will never move or control again but they are part of my comms network. I`d like them also to have an option of not bloating my map view whilst continuing operation without having to call them debris or a flag...

Or better we could create our own categories and change the default ones.

I like, with the ability to set them visible or not on the map view. You could have preset icons to choose from or make your own, like flags.

I'm no expert in programming but it sounds reasonably easy to implement.

This seems like an OCD thing.

Some can ignore it, and some stare at the number tearing their hair out. This would be a nice little thing to add for the forcively balding masses.

+1

Edited by Rage097

• 3 months later...