Squad cooperation

milankragujevic

I'm presenting a company that's interested in offering really-cheap/free zero g flights and cheap... ish... suborbital flights, and we are operating on a system of achievements that get the user a number of points, and after a year the user with most points gets zero-g / suborbital (the user pays half the price, we pay helf) flight. Users pay yearly subscriptions, and we were interested in cooperating with Squad to implement a mod that tracks the user's achievements and connects to our web server and sends the data. Who and how should I contact?

Well probably not the forum. For a request of this magnitude (particularly the subscription part) you are better off mailing Squad directly to discuss your proposition, perhaps [email protected] is appropriate, but look on the Contact section of the main website. After all, depending on the specifics of your project, this might fall under partnership, sponsoring, etc.. which can't just be handwaved but needs to be formally handled on some level.

Assuming your business model is sound, though, there is the problem of you needing to associate a real identity (for the subscription) to one or more game accounts, which can be problematic legally. Then there's the whole cheating aspect, it is unclear how you would prevent someone cheating his way to the prize by getting all the achievements one way or the other.. I am not sure how big an issue it would be on this scale but it can't be ignored.

I am not sure how far along your company is, but I just hope you've carefully evaluated your business strategy, which would seem ripe for abuse to me given your description.

I'm presenting a company that's interested in offering really-cheap/free zero g flights and cheap... ish... suborbital flights, and we are operating on a system of achievements that get the user a number of points, and after a year the user with most points gets zero-g / suborbital (the user pays half the price, we pay helf) flight. Users pay yearly subscriptions, and we were interested in cooperating with Squad to implement a mod that tracks the user's achievements and connects to our web server and sends the data. Who and how should I contact?

You'll have a hard time protecting your mod from reverse engineering...

How about installing the mod and getting tons of said points for doing absolutely nothing?

Well, we plan on having this being majorly science oriented but still have KSP part. Even if someone fakes the points, he/she will get like 2 or 3 for every mission, like orbiting, landing on the moon, escaping kerbin's SOI, landing on duna, visiting jool's moons. People still need to solve tests which gain them points, and if someone goes so far to learn the tests... then he deserved it to go, since there should be a lot of questions. We also give points for education.. etc. we'll also monitor everything to make sure that it's fair, and we reserve the right to cancel someone's progress if we think they're cheating.

I hope that It'll work out, if not, we will cancel support for KSP and games and focus primarily on science tests and projects...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.