Kerbin City - Build 2 Now out!

nothke

Ah yes. I went down to the bottom, and I tried to go up- sadly it has no colison.

Woops, this is a mistake on my part. I modified this part near publishing and I forgot to test it out. I forgot to add colliders. Will be fixed in the next build =)

EDIT: just noticed that the stadium also has no collisions. =(

And apparently the Kraken does NOT like the domino boards... he got up just fine though

-snip-

This made my day xD if you'd read the warning signs..

Edited by nothke

Three things.

One: More pictures. I hate when mods have little to no pictures. (On this case you've only got two/three and I like to have at least seven.)

Two: Is it compatible with the Clouds and Cities mod? (It doesn't actually add cities, it adds in city lights once you're far enough from Kerbin to make it look like it has cities.)

Three: How will slower computers handle this mod?

Other than that, good work!

Three things.

One: More pictures. I hate when mods have little to no pictures. (On this case you've only got two/three and I like to have at least seven.)

Two: Is it compatible with the Clouds and Cities mod? (It doesn't actually add cities, it adds in city lights once you're far enough from Kerbin to make it look like it has cities.)

Three: How will slower computers handle this mod?

Other than that, good work!

1: See above post, dev thread, everywhere.

2: Yes it is. I do see city lights up there, but in the city there are no lights. And clouds are fine.

3: It's meant to be performance-optimized, should have as little impact as clouds.

I tried with unarchiver, didn't work

I find that Keka works better and faster.

EDIT: Redownloaded, there was a download error on the first one. Got past that stage, now i have to find a fix for a steam/OS X Mavericks bug that screwed over half my games library, including KSP.

Edited by AeroPelican

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't read 100% through the thread so apologies if this has been answered - Can you make extensive underground areas or travel tube/subway sections?

I'm thinking of stuff like Copernicus Base in 2001: A Space Odyssey or Moonbase Alpha in Space: 1999. Or even making subway sections in Kerbin City itself.

BTW - when I am talking about subways or travel tubes, I'm not speaking of the vehicles themselves. Just the tubes they'd travel in. I assume any dedicated KSP builder or modder could make a good subway car or travel tube vehicle for use in the tubes. You'd just need at least one place in the system where you could drive/load into the tubes from the surface.

Can you build under the existing terrain of the surface of a world like the Mun/Kerbin? Or do you have to build UP and fill in? In the case of a large Munbase, would you want to pick an existing crater, for example, and fill it in up to a certain level so that you can put your "underground" areas between the top of the fill-in area and the Mun terrain?

I haven't read 100% through the thread so apologies if this has been answered - Can you make extensive underground areas or travel tube/subway sections?

I'm thinking of stuff like Copernicus Base in 2001: A Space Odyssey or Moonbase Alpha in Space: 1999. Or even making subway sections in Kerbin City itself.

BTW - when I am talking about subways or travel tubes, I'm not speaking of the vehicles themselves. Just the tubes they'd travel in. I assume any dedicated KSP builder or modder could make a good subway car or travel tube vehicle for use in the tubes. You'd just need at least one place in the system where you could drive/load into the tubes from the surface.

Can you build under the existing terrain of the surface of a world like the Mun/Kerbin? Or do you have to build UP and fill in? In the case of a large Munbase, would you want to pick an existing crater, for example, and fill it in up to a certain level so that you can put your "underground" areas between the top of the fill-in area and the Mun terrain?

I don't think that is possible. They could add tunnels, but the tunnels would be filled with Kerbins terrain.

I don't think that is possible. They could add tunnels, but the tunnels would be filled with Kerbins terrain.

That's what I was asking about. So if intending to build a complex with an "underground" area, you'd need to set a level above the existing ground as your "ground" level and build the structures between your "ground" and the existing terrain, correct? Then I suppose you'd extend your "ground" terrain out to intersect the existing terrain so there wouldn't be any odd holes and such. (other than the openings you wanted of course)

Which is why I'm thinking if using this idea for a Munbase, then making your base inside a crater makes a lot of sense. Easier to "fill in" a defined area like that.

That's what I was asking about. So if intending to build a complex with an "underground" area, you'd need to set a level above the existing ground as your "ground" level and build the structures between your "ground" and the existing terrain, correct? Then I suppose you'd extend your "ground" terrain out to intersect the existing terrain so there wouldn't be any odd holes and such. (other than the openings you wanted of course)

Which is why I'm thinking if using this idea for a Munbase, then making your base inside a crater makes a lot of sense. Easier to "fill in" a defined area like that.

The tunnel beneath the Kerbin City airport uses this method. Eastern island is exactly 10 meters above water, so you can model a tunnel between the water and the ground somewhere for example. The downtown island is expected to have a tunnel that connects the north and south and also a subway loop. Also the missle silo mod uses the same trick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys! Snjo's .22 update is functional in .23 as far as I can tell!

http://www./download/j6...TownPlugin.zip

EDIT: Selecting a launch site does not work for some reason. Just spams errors and flings parts out at insane speeds. But it places static objects properly in the world, so you just have to fly there from ksc

Edited by ahd1601

*cough* caves on Duna cough* with large crystas deep inside *cough*

Lol.. I guess you'd have to make a mountain first ( Olympus Mons model maybe? ) This mod looks great. Gives me a reason to develop planes.

Edited by Motokid600

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...