[0.23.5] Wolf Pack Aeronautics V1.3 Parts Pack (Updated June 23/2014)

Toyotawolf

Hey, I want to install this mod (especially for the cargo bays) but have one concern. This pack seems to include an infernalrobotics.dll. Will installing this version of the .dll cause any issues with things I already have installed that use the same?

Hey, I want to install this mod (especially for the cargo bays) but have one concern. This pack seems to include an infernalrobotics.dll. Will installing this version of the .dll cause any issues with things I already have installed that use the same?

It is the most current version of infernal robotics and I work closely with them and will update the dll included whenever they do

Hey you guys are making a parts pack, cool :D

That extendo-thing with the plugin looks neat, could have used that when I was making my extendable docking port.

You could totally make a small extender that you could slap a docking port on and make or dockable in both extended and retracted positions, and have it move the docked vessel too, couldn't you?

how about integrating the extendo directly into the cargo bay so that whenever your deploying something from within the cargo bay you don't have to worry about hitting the walls and maybe even add a docking port onto it so that it can be used to reenter the cargo bay for other stuff

how about integrating the extendo directly into the cargo bay so that whenever your deploying something from within the cargo bay you don't have to worry about hitting the walls and maybe even add a docking port onto it so that it can be used to reenter the cargo bay for other stuff

Interesting idea, i think we are tossing something around like that, however i need to clear it with Legal2k before we make any major modifications to the cargo bay. But i'll throw that on our wishlist.

Edited by Toyotawolf

also on a unrelated note for some reason the cargo bay and RS docking port won't appear in my parts menu even after i put it directly in the parts folder and i am sure it should have worked because the old cargo bay worked when i had it.....

just wondering if this could be fixed but everything else works great

also if you don't want to make modifications to the cargo bay how about make a new one from scratch with a interior that has a flat instead of curve floor to house the extendo

• 2 weeks later...

So updates:

Cargo Bay from scratch: we are talking about it but we haven't committed to the idea, a lot of work and only a few folks to do it.

Extendable docking Port: also still being worked on and trying to work out the bugs.

Project Lexic Dark: more details coming soon, almost complete.

Future parts: we are tossing around many ideas and trying to figure out how we can implement them. If you have suggestions for something you want drop it here in the thread and we shall mull it over.

I'm happy to see L2K's old Spacejunk Cargo Bay live on in a new and improved form. It looks great! :) I just wanted to add an explanation for the exact scaling I used in the old version on Spaceport... those specific values were chosen so that the bays could accommodate a payload of the appropriate size plus RCS quads without the quads clipping into the sides or doors. That left the bays bulging outward a little too much for the appearance I would have preferred, but proved to be very useful in practice.

I'm happy to see L2K's old Spacejunk Cargo Bay live on in a new and improved form. It looks great! :) I just wanted to add an explanation for the exact scaling I used in the old version on Spaceport... those specific values were chosen so that the bays could accommodate a payload of the appropriate size plus RCS quads without the quads clipping into the sides or doors. That left the bays bulging outward a little too much for the appearance I would have preferred, but proved to be very useful in practice.

I agree the abrupt change in diameter left me feeling like these parts were sized incorrectly. Maybe make the endcaps a bit longer so that a more gradual transition occurs and they mate closer with stock body sizes.

As I read it, the wish is for the parts to more seemlessy fit the standard diameters at their ends, not to make the bay any wider as it is.

^^This^^ - it looks odd that there is an abrupt change in diameter. If you made the end caps slightly longer a more gradual transition could be achieved.

Could you add a one-meter version of the Cargo Bay? My spaceplanes feel left out and want in on the action, and are dissatisfied with the 1.25 meter bays. Something about them being "uncomfortable" and "not fitting well". Thanks!

Could you add a one-meter version of the Cargo Bay? My spaceplanes feel left out and want in on the action, and are dissatisfied with the 1.25 meter bays. Something about them being "uncomfortable" and "not fitting well". Thanks!

Lol I will speak to R&D because you made me chuckle with that description lol.

As for the graduating end caps, we are looking into it.

• 2 weeks later...

I can verify Helix935's bug report. The extendo and radial reaction wheels show up; the cargo bays and rs docking node do not.

The log file says the models don't exist. There's also some warnings I don't understand. Here's the relevant snippet from the log file:

[LOG 13:30:59.330] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Gamedata/SSI/Parts/RadialReactionWheel/part/radialreactionwheels'
[LOG 13:30:59.347] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Gamedata/WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/cargo/part/[LSI]CargoBay_1_25m'
[ERR 13:30:59.350] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/cargo/model' as model does not exist
[ERR 13:30:59.351] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly
[ERR 13:30:59.352] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model
[ERR 13:30:59.354] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
[LOG 13:30:59.355] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Gamedata/WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/cargo/part/[LSI]CargoBay_2_5m'
[ERR 13:30:59.356] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/cargo/model' as model does not exist
[ERR 13:30:59.358] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly
[ERR 13:30:59.360] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model
[ERR 13:30:59.361] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
[LOG 13:30:59.362] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Gamedata/WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/cargo/part/[LSI]CargoBay_3_75m'
[ERR 13:30:59.364] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/cargo/model' as model does not exist
[ERR 13:30:59.365] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly
[ERR 13:30:59.366] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model
[ERR 13:30:59.368] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
[LOG 13:30:59.369] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Gamedata/WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/cargo/part/[LSI]CargoBay_5m'
[ERR 13:30:59.371] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/cargo/model' as model does not exist
[ERR 13:30:59.372] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly
[ERR 13:30:59.373] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model
[ERR 13:30:59.375] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
[LOG 13:30:59.376] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Gamedata/WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/Extendo/part/ExtendoStandard'
[WRN 13:30:59.388] PartLoader Warning: Variable motorSndPath not found in MuMechServo
[LOG 13:30:59.393] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Gamedata/WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/Extendo/part/ExtendoSmall'
[WRN 13:30:59.402] PartLoader Warning: Variable motorSndPath not found in MuMechServo
[LOG 13:30:59.407] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Gamedata/WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/Extendo/part/ExtendoLarge'
[WRN 13:30:59.416] PartLoader Warning: Variable motorSndPath not found in MuMechServo
[LOG 13:30:59.421] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Gamedata/WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/Extendo/part/ExtendoExtreme'
[WRN 13:30:59.430] PartLoader Warning: Variable motorSndPath not found in MuMechServo
[LOG 13:30:59.435] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Gamedata/WolfPackAeronautics/Parts/RSDockingNode/part/RS_dockingNode1'