Space Factory

MrTheBull

So, what is it on a blender screen? and what about Apollo CSM ? and will you make, in a future, different variations of Soyuz spacecraft ?

P.S. Thank you for such cool mods, it makes my kerbals happy )))

I'm working on CSM. But i don't have much time for this.

ouch.... That's a simple .cfg edit! Fuel and Ox have a 0.9:1.1 relationship... unless the modmaker did something REAL funky with the engines.

EDIT: DL'd the old Black Arrow, and I'll start to tinker with it and see if I can get her to run again.

Awesome. IRL the Black Arrow's first stage had a much larger oxidizer tank compared to the fuel tank, it used Kerosene and High Test Peroxide.

The first stage has 8 nozzles mounted in gimballing pairs, but only one flame is depicted in-game. IRL the 1st stage had near invisible flames

That Black Arrow Mod needs some serious love I have no modelling experience so cant fix it I fixed the fuel issue and can get it into orbit but its unstable the engine graphics needs fixing and one of the fairing attachment nodes needs to be added its a great example of British and Australian rocketry would be nice if someone could pick it up being an Aussie I have some interest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can Mrthebull make a 7K-OK and original soyuz launch stage with the special docking mechanism in the Soyuz 4 and 5 docking and a salyut 1?

Dragon01 has already suggested that MrTheBull make old versions of Soyuz. To me, MrTheBull seemed interested, but he has not gotten around to doing it. For Salyut, you should check out KOSMOS - yes, I know that their station parts aren't the correct color, but they do look damn nice.

No, I meant that time flies so quickly. :) It seems that April Fools day and the 0.23.5 release were just a few days ago... Anyway, looking forward to new Space Factory release.

Hey, MrTheBull, I see that you're about to release a new add-on, but I just thought that I'd report some weirdness that I have noticed with the Angara RD-191 engines. They have had their thrust cut in half, but since the complete Angara vehicle weighs significantly less than half of the real one, the Angara rockets (at least the 5P version) will have a ridiculous TWR at launch. I'll try to experiment some more, with payload capacities and such.

EDIT: Allright, I have a few recommendations regarding the Angara pack. These are made assuming that Asparagus will not be used. The problems, as I see them, that are with the Angara rockets right now, is that they have a much too high takeoff TWR and a too low payload capacity. This can be fixed by increasing the amount of fuel in the Angara URM tanks, and decreasing the power of the engines to about 75 % of the current calue. I believe that this can make it more enjoyable and realistic to use the Angara pack.

Edited by wasmic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.