Space Factory

MrTheBull

Did you try re-exporting the Vostok IVA? Maybe if it looks right, then it will work right when converted with the new part tools.

He does have a good point.

But when you are done withe the Voskhod IVA, I suggest making a Voskhod 1 pod and IVA. If not, then I suggest the R7 Family or the first versions of the Soyuz (i.e. the 7K-OK, 7K-OKS, or the 7K-T.)

He does have a good point.

But when you are done withe the Voskhod IVA, I suggest making a Voskhod 1 pod and IVA. If not, then I suggest the R7 Family or the first versions of the Soyuz (i.e. the 7K-OK, 7K-OKS, or the 7K-T.)

I think the 7k-ok is good enough, and MrTheBull already said he would make a rocket for the Voskhod which is an r7 rocket (unless you're talking about early rockets such as the Sputnik launch vehicles). Voskhod 1 pod and IVA aren't that different, only there is no EVA tunnel and three seats instead of two. If he makes just a Voskhod 2 IVA I would be fine. I would personally like to see a shenzhou in the future.

Err, the "Sputnik launch vehicle" was *actually* the R-7, just without a warhead. The later ones were R-7-deriveds with upper stages.

Yeah that's what I meant I just didn't word my post correctly and I wasn't clear enough :/ oh well.

mahboi818: ah,, gotcha. :]

Pockrtplanesairways: In the list of things, ranked by how unknown they are, I think "Pockrtplanesairways wants that Soyuz" may rank below even "water is wet" :P

I agree with you, but the lunokhod wasn't that well known either, and now there's a mod of that. So a Soyuz 7k might just be possible...

I've just found something out about Vostok upper stage. It turns out the small nozzles extending from the sides are vernier rockets, not ullage motors as I thought before. Ullage motors were introduced in Molniya, Vostok (and Luna) both used hot start technique, and had four small verniers for attitude control.

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh. When do you estimate it to come out? Oh, and when you choose to update the Vostok, make it less brown/tan more grey for the Block E and the capsule and the fairings too.

I agree with that. The capsule should also be more spherical, like Voskhod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.