Space Factory

MrTheBull

Well, it makes sense. Soviets were the ones who won on that day. :)

Yeah... We can't discuss politics on this forum so let me just say that by Polish law public displaying of symbols of fascism (swastika) or communism (such as hammer and sickle or other Soviet symbols) is forbidden under penalty of restriction of liberty or imprisonment. Guess why. I have deep respect for Soviet space program, its engineers and kosmonauts and spacecraft, but USSR foreign policy... well, let's not dwelve on that.

Edited by czokletmuss

Yeah... We can't discuss politics on this forum so let me just say that by Polish law public displaying of symbols of fascism (swastika) or communism (such as hammer and sickle or other Soviet symbols) is forbidden under penalty of restriction of liberty or imprisonment. Guess why. I have deep respect for Soviet space program, its engineers and kosmonauts and spacecraft, but USSR foreign policy... well, let's not dwelve on that.

Is this celebration in Poland? Nope. Russians have a different attitude towards Soviet Union. And in that case, credit is where credit's due. As bad as they were, if it wasn't for them, it'd be even worse. This is a celebration of Soviet victory in WWII, it was Red Army that won that day, regardless of what we think of it today.

Is this celebration in Poland? Nope. Russians have a different attitude towards Soviet Union. And in that case, credit is where credit's due. As bad as they were, if it wasn't for them, it'd be even worse. This is a celebration of Soviet victory in WWII, it was Red Army that won that day, regardless of what we think of it today.

Sure thing - Russians can do whatever they please in their own country. I'm not surprised that if someone's grandpa died during WW2 defending USSR from Nazis he don't see a problem with hammer and sickle. And yes, mainly thanks to the Red Army the Allies won. Which doesn't change my surprise when i saw these symbols there.

Anyways, let's focus on the space exploration and great work done by MrTheBull - in space there are no borders and no politics. And let's hope it won't change :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.