Space Factory

MrTheBull

Really nice, if less advanced than CBBP's attempt. From what I see on the pics, the staging sequence isn't completely simulated. For instance, it jettisoned additional engine fairings at some point, plus the L3 complex had it's own, inner fairing that only covered the LK. Also, you could customize the LOK a bit and add a new Block-D (BobCat's one is very inaccurate). Another suggestion I'd have would be to closely check how the actual LES worked on N1 (it was probably something like on Soyuz), single-part fairing doesn't seem to be correct in here. And it's missing lower grid fins. It's still a great mod, but could possibly be improved in some areas.

Really nice, if less advanced than CBBP's attempt. From what I see on the pics, the staging sequence isn't completely simulated. For instance, it jettisoned additional engine fairings at some point, plus the L3 complex had it's own, inner fairing that only covered the LK. Also, you could customize the LOK a bit and add a new Block-D (BobCat's one is very inaccurate). Another suggestion I'd have would be to closely check how the actual LES worked on N1 (it was probably something like on Soyuz), single-part fairing doesn't seem to be correct in here. And it's missing lower grid fins. It's still a great mod, but could possibly be improved in some areas.

Thanks for comment! I already thought about new block-D and LOK. I want to create LOK's engine instead of Soyuz engine.

I don't think the LES had grid fins, at least the unmanned prototypes didn't, but other than that, it probably worked like Soyuz (which is not how BobCat made it)

648a.jpg

Note the the Block A and Block B were half grey and half white. I'm not quite sure why... probably to monitor roll during the ascent, like the checkered pattern on US rockets.

Downloading it now...

Edited by Nibb31

I don't think the LES had grid fins, at least the unmanned prototypes didn't, but other than that, it probably worked like Soyuz (which is not how BobCat made it)

Note the the Block A and Block B were half grey and half white. I'm not quite sure why... probably to monitor roll during the ascent, like the checkered pattern on US rockets.

Downloading it now...

I used this picture when creating texture and model

dvig1.jpg

Okay guys, I've removed all posts in Russian. Please remember that as mentioned in the forum rules, unless otherwise specified, you are required to speak English on the forums at all times, even if we have this magnificent Russian rocket to look at. Any next offence could result in an infraction.

Now on topic, awesome mod! Time for some engine burning abuse it seems :)

I don't think the LES had grid fins, at least the unmanned prototypes didn't

It didn't. However, there were four grid fins at the rocket's base. Also note, the shroud's design. Straight, then tapering, then forming a short straight section topped by a nosecone to which the LES is attached. The fairings have jettison motors built in. The LES seems to have 8 solid abort nozzles and a separation motor at the top.

The mod does need fins, and i think they need to have the whole grid modeled to work well with FAR.

Also, seeing as no other mod adds grid fins, can you make some that are steerable from the same model as the (fixed) fins for the N1.

So, you're suggesting that all modders who make Soviet vehicles "must" be dependent on BobCat's pack? Why would that be, bman? Before you make that kind of statement, do your own research. :wink:

The obvious answer is that the launcher is meant to lift BobCat's Soyuz and LK... but that doesn't have to be the case. One could as easily use something else on top... or (gasp) might reasonably believe that the modder developed their own craft! :eek:

I like it ! It needs some bumpmapping for the little ridges and bumps and plates and rivets and stuff...

I think it should have only 4 grid fins and it seems that there should be 12 of those protruding propellant umbilicals on the side of the Block A.

Edited by Nibb31

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.