[3D] KSP Build Fly Dream Trailer

Ayo99

I remember that the original was taken off Youtube for an M83 copyright violation. Has that been resolved?

Looks like it! It's certainly back up on YouTube, music and all!

That's one of my favourite KSP videos - I still get a little choked watching it. That bit where the three Mainsails light up and that music kicks in - that's what I'm talking about. A shame everything goes a bit asplodey shortly afterwards :)

Sorry to interrupt all the Zen-y-ness, but anyone know what this person used to get these camera shots? They look very smooth and well positioned, and i couldn't imagine doing that by hand.

Also, nice work putting it in 3D, even though i can't watch it :3. Must be awesome :-)

The original is by far the best trailer for any game I've ever seen. The guy knows cinematography.

I have 3D glasses and I don't see any special difference. You can't turn a regular video into 3D without extensive and very expensive computer software into which you put instructions what you want to be in the front, and what should be in the back, and how much (what Cameron did with Titanic).

This looks like a video that was doubled and then the Youtube 3D option was turned on, so each sideways copy was tinted red or cyan, respectively. You can do that with any image or video, with the result being "in" or "out" of the screen, but the spatial differentiation inside the video does not exist.

In true 3D videos the separation of the colours is different, depending on the distance of the object from the two lenses that were watching it.

Unless the author was provided with the working files (blender of whatever the original author used to render this), there's no way of turning it into 3D image.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see any difference. Except my eyes hurt because of the contrasts and ghosting.

I would also like to suggest using Ronald Jenkees "With water and light" with such a video. It's a very zen tune. I don't think he'd mind one whit.

"With water and light" is a good song but it only 1:30 minutes long and video is almost 4 minutes long

However Ronald Jenkees - "Speaker 1, Speaker 1" suit the video better but I like keep the video original

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.