Career mode: Funding space program by selling tickets to Kerbal spectators at launch

hi!

In the real world,you can assist to the launch of the rockets(at least the american one( I don't know for the russians ones)).

This (short) suggestion is for making in-game money of it:the kerbals could pay to assist to the launches you make,which would give you some money(not a lot,thought).

Depending of the particularity of the craft(explosive/non-explosive/big bomb on engine),the achievement it has done(getting into orbit for the first time,getting to the moon and back) and (maybe) the number of time it has been used(after a while the kerbals get sick of it) would change the amount of kerbals who would want to assist to the launch(and the amount of money they are willing to spend for it).

Thank you for reading!

Edited by goldenpeach

space tourism, i like. take rich kerbals for a week long stay at a space station and return safely (without killing them), and get a hefty chunk of cash for it. sorta like what the russians currently offer.

I don't think the suggestion here is about space tourism but I wouldn't be opposed to that idea. I think the original post is about just selling tickets to let people watch your launches, which I guess NASA does. I didn't know they charged for that, but I guess it makes sense.

Either way, I'd be okay with it, whatever the original post meant.

I don't think the suggestion here is about space tourism but I wouldn't be opposed to that idea. I think the original post is about just selling tickets to let people watch your launches, which I guess NASA does. I didn't know they charged for that, but I guess it makes sense.

Either way, I'd be okay with it, whatever the original post meant.

That's exactly what I meant!

By the way,I don't know if the NASA charge to watch the launches,but the kerbals could do that anyway!

Yeah, I'd be completely okay with selling tickets for kerbals to view certain launches. Maybe they'd be really epic real world-themed missions where your payout is increased by your public relations and number of people you get watching your launch. That'd be really interesting indeed :D

An interesting idea, certainly one viable form of income for career mode. OP, you may wish to edit the thread title to something like "[suggestion] Career mode: Funding space program by selling tickets to Kerbal spectators at rocket launches", to explain your idea more succinctly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.