[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

Ah, man... totally understandable. Thanks so much for your efforts on this over the last 6 months. I'm not sure I can imagine playing KSP without it.

Best wishes with your babysitting duties.

@regex - Agreed with all the others, thank you for all the kind work you've done so far, and thank you for arranging a graceful handoff.

Its wise of you to recognize when you needed to drop a ball to maintain your sanity -- I have no idea how guys like ferram4 manage it!

regex, best of luck in a stressful time!

It's not so much stressful as demanding. When I started writing this mod I was working on two projects for weeks on end pretty steadily, with an occasional foray elsewhere. Now I'm switching projects almost weekly, and they've been wildly different (just got Phonegap up and running today, last week it was a rewrite of an old Drupal site into our MongoDB framework, the week before that I was making UI changes on our teaching ap... You get the idea.)

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I appreciate the kind words from everybody; really wish I could manage it but the last thing I want to do is burn out at my job. Best thing for this mod is for someone who has more energy for the hobby to take over, hopefully we'll figure it out in the next week or two.

On parabolic and hyperbolic orbits, pressing APO will make the window unresponsive, and possibly even make adding nodes impossible. I can't be sure exactly, because I haven't tried to recreate it yet.

Being an ancient old assembler programmer, hell I even had to code JCL on punch cards, I will look at the source and see what I see. Not saying I will do anything about it but I will post what I think is happening. I have not had to code C# for about 5 years now so I am real rusty.

On parabolic and hyperbolic orbits, pressing APO will make the window unresponsive, and possibly even make adding nodes impossible. I can't be sure exactly, because I haven't tried to recreate it yet.

Good news is I know what pushing that button does. Bad new is I am not sure why that would lock it up. That button seems to set Universal Time to Universial Time + time to Apoapsis.

So I am still plugging away at it. just to let you know.

Just to let everyone know I've been talking to blizzy78 about transferring "maintainership" of the mod to him. I'm going to get some mods involved and hopefully transfer authorship of this thread to him today.

Hope you won't be so busy to disappear from this forum, keep in touch.

This forum isn't that lucky, I'll still be here ****ting it up.

Well, seing as parabola and hyperbola don't have an apoapsis, that time is probably something like NaN.

This is correct, I hadn't gotten around to adding safeguards yet.

Well, seing as parabola and hyperbola don't have an apoapsis, that time is probably something like NaN.

Doh I did not even think parabola when you wrote that. I was still thinking a full orbit. Now it make sense

Just to let everyone know I've been talking to blizzy78 about transferring "maintainership" of the mod to him. I'm going to get some mods involved and hopefully transfer authorship of this thread to him today.

Ah this is good news.

Thread is now officially blizzy's. I'm not sure how he's going to handle the repo from now but if you have changes that need to be committed, or whatever Git calls it, you might want to wait for further word. If I have extra "hobby programming energy" in the future I might make a few additions to the mod that I want to see but I'll be committing them to blizzy's repo, not mine, since he is now the "official" maintainer and is in charge of the future of the mod.

Thanks, blizzy!

Right. I'm not a guy of many words in these situations, so I'd just say thanks for giving me the opportunity.

I've already forked the Git repository to https://github.com/blizzy78/ksp-precisenode - so if you want to create issues in the issue tracker or send pull requests, please do it there instead of regex's repository. I shall be updating the OP with new URLs over the next days or so.

Other than that, you can always just make a post in this thread; I usually read all posts in the threads I'm subscribed to.

Could you make a small mod that only has the Conic draw mode and Conic draw limit? I love this mod, but sometimes I like to play with a lightweight mod set. And having a large maneuver node editor installed when all I want do is change the conic draw mode on the fly works against that.

A heads-up regarding the next version that I plan to release tonight:

I will be deactivating the part that lets you save maneuver nodes, since it is obsolete now with KSP 0.23.5. The part will disappear from the VAB/SPH, but I will leave it in the plugin so that your vessels should continue to work. You just can't add it to new vessels any longer. Also, parts on existing vessels will no longer have any purpose other than look pretty.

Precise Node 0.10 is now available for download.

Edit: Linux users who are getting a popup at the main menu stating that this version is incompatible with KSP 0.23.5 will want to redownload again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by blizzy78