[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

As far as I know, but I'm neither a doctor nor a lawyer, and therefore no one can hold me responsible for what I'm saying. I also have no knowledge of unity. I am using precise node on win64, and it's pretty much the only thing that is *not* broken.

Oh I really like the color coded thingy! The plus and minus is a great addition too, you can focus on the node itself instead of whatching where to click...but this expose a behaviour that I found also in other mods ( not related to mods ), would it be possibile to inihibt the double click ( delesect target ) when mouse is over your window?

is there an option to change the time display to use Kerbin day/year conventions or a plan to switch the display format in a future version? With the new update showing almost all information in that time format, the information readout on the PreciseNode UI is kind of confusing

is there an option to change the time display to use Kerbin day/year conventions or a plan to switch the display format in a future version? With the new update showing almost all information in that time format, the information readout on the PreciseNode UI is kind of confusing

Actually i checked your code (well organized and commented btw., had no problems finding what i was looking for), and saw that it respects the Game settings options. There is an minor copy-paste error in your "Kerbin years" formula in convertUTtoHumanTime:

you have

year = (long) Math.Floor(UT / (426 * 24 * 60 * 60)) + 1; // Ensure we don't get a "Year 0" here.

it should be

year = (long) Math.Floor(UT / (426 * 6 * 60 * 60)) + 1; // Ensure we don't get a "Year 0" here.

Thanks for this "i refuse to play without it" plugin!

• 2 weeks later...

Great addon! I am often using your mod in combination with alexmoon's calculator for ballistic transfers, but have a question, and found no where else to ask it.

When using alexmoon's tool it states the maneuver delta-V for prograde and normal given a perfect equatorial orbit, however, isn't this wasting some delta-V on making the plane change? It would save some fuel to launch from KSC into, say, the required 8.3 % ejection inclination, making sure it goes though the point of required ejection angle, and only burning prograde? I've tried doing this, but I really have to eyeball the angles and guess when to launch. Is there any mod that figures this out, or is it kinda hard to do?

Edit: You have to eyeball when KSC "travels" though the required ejection angle for your to-be orbit.

• 2 weeks later...
- The +/- buttons have been combined into one button. Left-clicking now acts as plus, whereas

right-clicking acts as minus.

Blizzy, can I inquire as to the reasoning behind this one? One of the things I love about PreciseNode is that the interface is very straightforward and clean. I can't think of anywhere else in the game that follows an interface convention like the above, nor can I think of a general UI convention that does something like the above.

I feel it's the kind of thing that you'd have to either explain to a player how to do it, or they'd have to figure it out through trial and error, which seems like a step backwards IMO.

Fair enough, makes sense. Playing around with it a bit, it's quite smooth in practice. Given I almost exclusively use the hotkeys, it wasn't something I had considered much before.

I like the color coding of the prograde/radial/normal vectors to match the stock maneuver node editor BTW. But one additional question: why yellow instead of green for prograde? :)

Actually, I've found myself trying to right and left click buttons in KSP (and even other games) to increase/decrease amounts, and am slightly disappointed every time it doesn't work.

Out of curiosity, do you remember which piece of software you got that habit from? I was thinking about interface conventions for such things yesterday and came up blank on a precedent for that behavior.