[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

Thanks for the info!

Yet it throws thousands of NREs at me whenever I go to the map screen.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RegexKSP.PreciseNode.get_canShowNodeEditor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RegexKSP.PreciseNode.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RegexKSP.PreciseNode.get_canShowNodeEditor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Career mode will do this until you unlock maneuver nodes.

Looks like this addon is not going to get updated any soon, and I grew dependant on it to the point it's hard for me to perform complex orbital maneuvers. Is there an alternative addon to this to fine tune planned orbit maneuvers numerically?

Looks like this addon is not going to get updated any soon, and I grew dependant on it to the point it's hard for me to perform complex orbital maneuvers. Is there an alternative addon to this to fine tune planned orbit maneuvers numerically?

MechJeb has a maneuver node edit feature which I think is good enough

It's working for me. Just yesterday I used it to tune duna/eve transfers. I agree that it is a much needed mod, that KSP isn't much fun without it.

I added 1.0.0 to the version.txt and it's operating like normal for me. I think this was one of the mods that gave an error when loading, simply due to the version.txt info :)

To everyone saying "well it works for me" -- you realize that you can have silent errors (in this case, "thousands") without any symptoms that would immediately be visible to a user with no programming knowledge, right? You also realize that, even though this mod worked perfectly fine with v.90 which had the same career mode progression through upgrades to the tracking station, that more than two thirds of the changes to v1.0 was to go behind the scenes and revamp or tweak almost ALL of the code in the entire game, optimizing it to use memory and multithreaded processors, which was never done during alpha, right? (In fact, it was those poor optimizations that caused a lot of the alpha versions to be as prone to crashing as the game had always been -- that's the main difference BETWEEN alpha and beta software development: Alpha is where you test the features and set them up, and beta is where you tweak everything to make the software run smoothly.)

To everyone saying "well it works for me" -- you realize that you can have silent errors (in this case, "thousands") without any symptoms that would immediately be visible to a user with no programming knowledge, right? You also realize that, even though this mod worked perfectly fine with v.90 which had the same career mode progression through upgrades to the tracking station, that more than two thirds of the changes to v1.0 was to go behind the scenes and revamp or tweak almost ALL of the code in the entire game, optimizing it to use memory and multithreaded processors, which was never done during alpha, right? (In fact, it was those poor optimizations that caused a lot of the alpha versions to be as prone to crashing as the game had always been -- that's the main difference BETWEEN alpha and beta software development: Alpha is where you test the features and set them up, and beta is where you tweak everything to make the software run smoothly.)

Yes, I know all that.

I also know I'd rather have all these silent errors going on in the background and be able to make proper maneuver nodes during the days or weeks or whatever until the mod gets updated.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about errors I never see and that never impact my game. I haven;t had a crash yet in 1.0.1 or 1.0.2. I only ever had a handful in .90. For all its quirks, KSP is a rock stable game on linux. A little log spam is certainly not a problem worth forgoing proper maneuver nodes.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about errors I never see and that never impact my game. I haven;t had a crash yet in 1.0.1 or 1.0.2. I only ever had a handful in .90. For all its quirks, KSP is a rock stable game on linux. A little log spam is certainly not a problem worth forgoing proper maneuver nodes.

Still no good ... you might not see it but it still will effect your game ... and when it only happens when you launch that super huge rocket and your frames go down to 1FPS instead of 10.

edit: so @Developer: Pretty pretty pretty please update it ... no new functions are needed just a fixes and adjustments for 1.0.x

Career mode will do this until you unlock maneuver nodes.

If this is the only problem I will just install it after I get access to the maneuver nodes. Or are there other issues ?

There's an upper limit to the size of output_log.txt after which the game crashes for no apparent reason. And constant error spam makes faster.

Darnit, Blizzy, check IRC. XD

The date calculation is wrong, but super easy to fix. In Extensions.cs, around line 61 in 'convertUTToHumanTime', in the year = line for KERBIN_TIME, you have a 24 in there which should be a 6. This is why it's correct for a while, but at some point, you'll be in year 2 and it will read year 1.

Love this software. Much <3 to you, Blizzy!