[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

Yes, you have to enable it. Click on the "O" button on the PN's window titlebar, then un-check "Use x10 UT Increment". "Show additional UT controls" should be checked as well.

Great. Thank you.

I love this mod. I had MechJeb still installed in 1.0.X for the node editor only. Now I got your mod. Byebye MechJeb.

Just one question: there are no buttons for node snap in my editor window, like they are in your example. What do I have to do to get those? I can easily set the node as close as possible with the node editor manually, yet those node snaps would be some nice bonus comfort.

Many thanks for the update, I realised just how much I need this plugin when trying to place a maneuver node on the way to Duna and the ***** game just refuse to allow me to place it on the blue trajectory line.

seriously how hard can it be to fix that bug and get the game to allow the player to place a maneuver node on their current trajectory instead on insisting it goes on the next orbital pass?

it drives me crazy and that bug has been there since the early days with still no sign of a fix :huh:

Is there any chance that we could get additional stats on the resulting orbit(s) after the currently-being-edited maneuver?

I like how this shows the new Ap/Pe (If I'm remembering correctly -- on my way to work at the moment), but it would be fantastic if it showed inclination as well, ideally for whatever body is focused. This would be particularly useful when trying to transfer from Kerbin directly into a polar Mun orbit, for instance.

Love this mod and I still don't understand why it isn't stock yet.

Just a quick note here: It looks like Precise Node has been installed over 2000 times already on players' computers. You guys seem to be really digging this.

Definitely in my top 5. It's a must have for me :)

Just a quick note here: It looks like Precise Node has been installed over 2000 times already on players' computers. You guys seem to be really digging this.

...since 1.0 came out, I assume. Heck, all told I've probably installed it 20 times myself over the years.

...since 1.0 came out, I assume. Heck, all told I've probably installed it 20 times myself over the years.

The number of installations was quite high even before KSP 1.0. Note that this is number of active installations, not downloads.

The number of installations was quite high even before KSP 1.0. Note that this is number of active installations, not downloads.

Aha. Well in any case, yes. This is a "might as well be stock for how much I refuse to play without it" mod for me.

Definitely in my top 5. It's a must have for me :)

Agreed. I don't use MechJeb, and while the vanilla node editor is easy to figure out (being graphical), PN just gives far more control, and is far easier to use once you have figured it out.

When I was installing 1.0, I was coming back from a hiatus, and PN hadn't been updated yet. I forgot about it, until I saw it on CKAN, and thought to myself, "Oh yeah, this is why I'm so frustrated with the Maneuver Node system. Because I can do better."

For some reason my game it's not detecting the mod, avc doesn't detects it, i tried the source code version and the first download link version, i ignored avc's and tried to use it and it doesn't come up either while playing, pushing P doesn't bring it up, i decompressed PresiceNode in GameData (in both tries, the first compiled download and the source code)...

Ideas? Suggestions?

EDIT: BTW i'm quite advanced in my career mode, tracking station is at level 2 and upgrading to level 3 only adds the ability to track unowned objects which it's not what the mod affects, besides the things is the game is not detecting it, i'm not sure if i can add any more information rather than it's the steam version and it's up to date, i also have 4 other plugins:

-AVC Plugin Checker

-Kerbal Engineer

-RCS Build Aid

-Kerbal Alarm Clock

Taking a look at the files i'm guessing this mod (i'm refering to PreciseNode) it's not compatible with AVC, which i don't mind, though i would like it to work, is it possible that AVC is breaking it??

NEVERMIND i guess i needed to have a manuever node created before i could bring up the interface!...

My bad, sorry for the inconveniences!

Edited by GabeTeuton

Hi, this looks like a great and much needed mod! I have just watched the video and loved it and i will immediately install it.

I have one question: What does conics mode samples do?

• 2 weeks later...

I like the +1k -1K buttons, but would you consider adding ones to move the manuever to the next/previous orbit? Like the ones KSP has stock, but integrated into PreciseNode. I have lost so many nodes trying to use KSP's glitchy +Orbit -Orbit buttons, would love to just have them in the PreciseNode's window. Thanks for a great mod!

^ Already there.

6YzjAuV.png

Click the "O" button on the GUI (top right corner) to access the options. There should be an option in there to display these additional buttons.