[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

1.2.0, 2015-11-10

- Added intuitive behavior for maneuver node handles (code by TechnocratiK.) This can be enabled

in the options window. The intuitive behavior is most useful for normal/anti-normal burns

(ie. inclination changes.)

- Orbit information now also shows the inclination.

Thank you for including orbit inclination info and an intuitive way to change it. It makes planning rendezvous so much easier.

Do you have any plans to implement a way to hide the precise node windows when not needed? Maybe the 1.1 interface overhaul will include it. :)

I started a fresh new carreer on the 1.0.5.1028 (no upgraded building yet) and got this NRE when i launch from the runway:

Q1fBNcr.png

tell me if you need more infos (log, etc...)

The error spamming stopped when i upgraded the needed buiding (mission control and tracking station) to unlock the flight planning that allow the manoeuvre nodes.

I try to help as i can :wink:

i have made some new tests:

-new fresh KSP install

-no mod exept "precise node" and "exeption detector"

-fresh career (normal )

Same things appened:

-error spamming after loading the vessel (from the VAB or SPH), but stopped after the needed buiding upgrade.

-

So i think it 's easy to reproduce now.

here is the log if you need:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l659bwe11mhjur0/KSP.log?dl=0

Okay, thanks. Something must be wrong with saving/loading this setting then.

options.showManeuverPager = config.GetValue<bool>("showManeuverPager", true);

options.showManeuverPager = config.GetValue<bool>("intuitiveManeuverGizmos", false);

Do-oh! One reason we shouldn't copy-paste code :-)

Hi, is there a reason that the Orbit +/- Buttons disappeared in the lates version? I found them most handy, since the Stock Node buttons constantly make the target change and sometimes change the gizmo back to the prog/rad/norm mode.

I understand if you might want to clean up the UI, but the funcionality was most useful, so I suggest at least some hotkeys for this

Hi, is there a reason that the Orbit +/- Buttons disappeared in the lates version? I found them most handy, since the Stock Node buttons constantly make the target change and sometimes change the gizmo back to the prog/rad/norm mode.

I understand if you might want to clean up the UI, but the funcionality was most useful, so I suggest at least some hotkeys for this

I'm on vacation right now so can't check but did you check options to see if maybe it got unchecked? Or sometimes I've seen even PN not be able to figure out an orbit and not give the option. Though in those cases I think it greyed out the buttons, and didn't remove them.

I'm on vacation right now so can't check but did you check options to see if maybe it got unchecked? Or sometimes I've seen even PN not be able to figure out an orbit and not give the option. Though in those cases I think it greyed out the buttons, and didn't remove them.

Thanks for the hint! It's back again. Apparently it needs the options "Show additional UT controls" and "Use x10 UT Increment" for them to appear.

Hi,

I'm sorry I didn't have time to re-test with version 1.2.1 but since it's not mentioned on the changelog, here are some problems I found:

- the option to show the "pager" (to navigate between several maneuver nodes) doesn't seem to be saved when restarting the game

- when rapidly clicking on + or - buttons, it seems that the game detects double-clicks or something, and the cursor is yanked away from the precise node window, and locked to some planet

Hi,

- when rapidly clicking on + or - buttons, it seems that the game detects double-clicks or something, and the cursor is yanked away from the precise node window, and locked to some planet

I have seen this behavior for a long time. In the PN node editor window to adjust the dV of node, Clicking on any of the buttons in the window quickly can cause the focus to shift from the ship to the planet. Which can be annoying if you have your camera lined up to watch the effect of the editing of the node on your trajectory.

That's click-through, happens with the UI windows of every mod. Double-clicking changes the camera focus to the object double clicked. Either click more slowly, be careful what's under the PN window, or use the hotkeys.

Hum, it sounds a good explanation, but I'm now getting this very frequently, whereas I don't remember any occurrence in the some 600 hours I used PN before 1.0.5.

[quote name='TauPhraim']Hi,

- when rapidly clicking on + or - buttons, it seems that the game detects double-clicks or something, and the cursor is yanked away from the precise node window, and locked to some planet[/QUOTE]

To get rid of this behavoir, disable the following option (so it looks like it does in the picture):
[img]http://i.imgur.com/XgIs438.png[/img]

Then it won't do it anymore.

Thanks a lot blizzy for this great mod. In the hope of helping you improve Precise Node, I would like to report this small problem I encounter:

[URL=https://www./view/?u3z1t9kb2hvvvlk][IMG]https://www./convkey/a3be/u3z1t9kb2hvvvlk7g.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I marked with red circle the two button that do not show their icon properly. This is with KSP 1.0.5 and Windows 10 64 bit. Not too long ago DMagic, author of the SCANsat mod, had a similar problem with buttons not showing their icons. He found out that this is related to some sort of font changes made in Windows 10...

Hope this helps.