[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

30 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Check the OP and the change log.  Then try it out and let us know.

If you'll look, oh, 4 posts prior to yours, you'll see that I did in fact try it out and post the results.

The change log mentions nothing either way about 1.1.3. The last entry mentions supporting 1.1.2.

8 minutes ago, rmaine said:

If you'll look, oh, 4 posts prior to yours, you'll see that I did in fact try it out and post the results.

The change log mentions nothing either way about 1.1.3. The last entry mentions supporting 1.1.2.

You're correct and I apologize I didn't remember seeing your post.  But, if that's the case, why ask?

Since the last edit to the OP says KSP 1.1.2, then you can be reasonably sure that KSP 1.1.3 could give you some problems and, officially, PN doesn't yet support 1.1.3.  You may find it works on your install.  Your experience will help others.

Edited by Brigadier

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dncky said:

Odd. Doesnt work for me. Tells me it only supports 1.1.2 

it's just saying that because the author can't guarantee it will work with a newer version of KSP. It's not telling you that it doesn't work

It's a common misinterpretation of the AVC message...

Edited by Drew Kerman

13 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

it's just saying that because the author can't guarantee it will work with a newer version of KSP. It's not telling you that it doesn't work

It's a common misinterpretation of the AVC message...

I'll give it another shot. I looked at a YouTube vid and it seemed like when the person clicked add maneuver his menu was different. I had no such thing. I will dig deeper. 

• 4 weeks later...

I tried re-compiling Precise Node for KSP 1.2 and tested it briefly, it seems to work fine. The only thing I did was to remove "KSPUtil" from the references, since it has been merged into "Assembly-CSharp" apparently.

@blizzy78 I would like to know if it would be ok to temporarily share this very unofficial and untested build with the community, until you find the time to properly do an official update for KSP 1.2

6 hours ago, Valerian said:

I tried re-compiling Precise Node for KSP 1.2 and tested it briefly, it seems to work fine. The only thing I did was to remove "KSPUtil" from the references, since it has been merged into "Assembly-CSharp" apparently.

@blizzy78 I would like to know if it would be ok to temporarily share this very unofficial and untested build with the community, until you find the time to properly do an official update for KSP 1.2

Looks like @blizzy78hasn't been on in months. I'm pretty sure the license he has used lets you share the update..

23 minutes ago, Torih said:

Looks like @blizzy78hasn't been on in months. I'm pretty sure the license he has used lets you share the update..

Well, I had been away for longer than him before updating PlanetShine for KSP 1.2, after updating it for KSP 1.1-pre-release in April I never came back, until a few days ago :D

I guess it's fine to share it for the moment, here it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx45mbbtHuqgT3pCcjgzRjlQRnM

I placed a clear warning file in it to explain its unofficial and untested current state.

DO NOT REQUEST SUPPORT FOR IT

Valerian, thanks for sharing.  Already tried it, and it looks good.  I usually use MJ for orbit planning and maneuver node editing.  Since sarbian is in no rush to update MJ (being that its many functions are very complex), I'm going back to Kerbal Engineering Redux and PreciseNode.  Heck, I may not go back to MJ; we'll see.

EDIT:  How do I make it subtract values?  Pushing the " +/- " button only increases the value.  Of course, I can simply type negative values.  I'm just curios about the buttons.

Edited by Apollo13

1 hour ago, Apollo13 said:

Valerian, thanks for sharing.  Already tried it, and it looks good.  I usually use MJ for orbit planning and maneuver node editing.  Since sarbian is in no rush to update MJ (being that its many functions are very complex), I'm going back to Kerbal Engineering Redux and PreciseNode.  Heck, I may not go back to MJ; we'll see.

EDIT:  How do I make it subtract values?  Pushing the " +/- " button only increases the value.  Of course, I can simply type negative values.  I'm just curios about the buttons.

Stop using MechJeb if you have already spent enough time playing with it, it's only good for learning: it's much more satisfying to only use Precise Node and Kerbal Engineering Redux instead, it keeps the piloting part of the game interesting while giving you enough data to be in total control.

Edited by Valerian

On 17/09/2016 at 7:50 PM, Valerian said:

Stop using MechJeb if you have already spent enough time playing with it, it's only good for learning: it's much more satisfying to only use Precise Node and Kerbal Engineering Redux instead, it keeps the piloting part of the game interesting while giving you enough data to be in total control.

Agreed. Landing on Duna by myself after only doing it on Mechjeb for a long time was so much better. It's the difference between playing and seeing the game play for you.

If this mod is no longer being updated, you might consider checking out Precise Maneuver. It was a fork/complete rewrite of this mod, with a bunch of cool new features. It's not working for 1.2 right now, but the author, @Morse is very active and really receptive to feature ideas. He says 1.2 prerelease is in the works. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by mentioning this, but I have nothing to do with either mod and Precise Node's last commit was on May 2. Just looking for a node solution and wanted to share.

6 hours ago, mikemcdonald83 said:

If this mod is no longer being updated, you might consider checking out Precise Maneuver. It was a fork/complete rewrite of this mod, with a bunch of cool new features. It's not working for 1.2 right now, but the author, @Morse is very active and really receptive to feature ideas. He says 1.2 prerelease is in the works. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by mentioning this, but I have nothing to do with either mod and Precise Node's last commit was on May 2. Just looking for a node solution and wanted to share.

Thanks for letting us know!

I posted an "experimental" re-compile of this mod for 1.2 like a week or two ago, I'm not sure if you saw it, so far it's working fine, check the previous replies of this thread to get the link.

Edited by Valerian

7 hours ago, Valerian said:

Thanks for letting us know!

I posted an "experimental" re-compile of this mod for 1.2 like a week or two ago, I'm not sure if you saw it, so far it's working fine, check the previous replies of this thread to get the link.

I did, and I really appreciate it. Been using it since available. I wish I knew anything about mods so I could try to rig KAC to work.

I'd like to request a mode in this magnificent plugin. The mode I envision would allow me to specify the delta v of the maneuver, and allow me to rotate the vector without changing the total delta v. This would be useful to add a little cross range component to a solid rocket based retro burn or figure out what you can do with your last little bit of fuel.

Edited by birdog357
Grammar