[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

No joke. I want to right click "Orbit+" to do the same thing that clicking "Orbit -" would do. The same would work for "Orbit -" for those times I'm going down and go an orbit past and need to go forward, but if I could right click "Orbit+" to go down, I'd never use "Orbit-"

Now I understand what you're talking about. I think that rather than try to muck about with buttons on the stock maneuver node interface, it'd be be better to have Orbit+/- on the PreciseNode window somewhere. Probably next to the time change button, but styled distinctively so it's obvious what it does.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to use numpad keys to input the numbers, that is much more comfortable to me. However, when I remap the keys to something else and try to use the numpad, no numbers appear, although the field has focus/

Is there a way to set the node on the periapsis after the SOI change? Currently, the "peri" button puts the node on Kerbin periapsis even when there is a Mun encounter.

There is also an issue with [delete] key, it deletes the number, but puts me out of the map view. Can something be done to fix that issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a good way to force a node to appear in say 1 minutes time. Mostly to get around the bug that makes it impossible to click on the orbit to create a node. I find that about half the time when I want to create a node I have to switch to a differnt ship and switch back before the game will let me cerate one.

Is there a good way to force a node to appear in say 1 minutes time. Mostly to get around the bug that makes it impossible to click on the orbit to create a node. I find that about half the time when I want to create a node I have to switch to a differnt ship and switch back before the game will let me cerate one.

That would actually be really sweet. One slightly better workaround than yours though is to F5 to quicksave, then F9 to load it. Usually a bit quicker than switching ships. Just make sure you see the "saving" text! Don't want to not quicksave by accident and then quickload something from far earlier!

Not that I've done that or anything...

• 4 weeks later...
Precise Node 1.1.2 is now available for download.

Oh thank you, thank you! I'd been spoiled by PreciseNode for so long that I was struggling relearning how to use those old analog maneuver nodes. Now I can come back out of the Dark Ages!

I've noticed a small issue with precise Node, the Focus Vessel button doesn't always work. I haven't been able to figure out why, or how to replicate it working/not working consistently. It seems to mostly NOT work if I ever change focus to another object/node.

Would an output log help?

Edit: Still having issues consistently reproducing the issue. Seems to work fine sometimes and not others. Could well be a problem from something else, because when I can't use the focus vessel button, I also can't tab past Eeloo in map mode (should go back around to the Sun but won't).

Edited by Baythan
further (non-helpful) clarification

I have tried the new precise node and I notice that the buttons for snapping to points such as apoapsis are missing and it isn't reporting the stats of the new orbit like it did before. I am in a science career so everything should be upgraded to max.

Is this the way it is after 0.90 or should I be digging out logs and such?

I have tried the new precise node and I notice that the buttons for snapping to points such as apoapsis are missing and it isn't reporting the stats of the new orbit like it did before. I am in a science career so everything should be upgraded to max.

Is this the way it is after 0.90 or should I be digging out logs and such?

I assume you reinstalled after updating to 0.90. You need to go into the options and turn all that stuff back on.

I assume you reinstalled after updating to 0.90. You need to go into the options and turn all that stuff back on.

ROFL. I forgot this mod even had options. Well issue resolved, the root cause was PBKAC.

Precise Node is throwing a TON of NullRefs in map view. This was during flight in Kerbin's atmosphere. Not sure if this is something to worry about but I figured I would report it anyway.

The error is as follows, it repeats these three blocks over and over...let me know if you need the whole log.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RegexKSP.PreciseNode.get_canShowNodeEditor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RegexKSP.PreciseNode.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

at RegexKSP.PreciseNode.get_canShowNodeEditor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RegexKSP.PreciseNode.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed in the debug if I try to use the 'Focus on Vessel' button in the node editor window, when it doesn't work I get a NullRef error:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Still haven't been able to replicate this consistently and I guess it's not a super huge problem because I haven't even tried to make sure its not just a mod conflict. Just kinda odd to be an intermittent problem.

Precise Node is throwing a TON of NullRefs in map view. This was during flight in Kerbin's atmosphere. Not sure if this is something to worry about but I figured I would report it anyway.

The error is as follows, it repeats these three blocks over and over...let me know if you need the whole log.

at RegexKSP.PreciseNode.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Same here. I'm getting these errors while using the lowest level tracking station which doesn't allow maneuver nodes, so I think it has something to do with that.

• 1 month later...
Same here. I'm getting these errors while using the lowest level tracking station which doesn't allow maneuver nodes, so I think it has something to do with that.

I am getting these as well going into map view after launching a vessel with lvl 1 tracking spams exception at an ever increasing rate. Please fix i love this mod!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is still a major issue I hope this will at least be fixed. Makes playing a career hard with all the errors till you upgrade the tracking station. Please fix this!

• 2 weeks later...