[1.2.0] Precise Node 1.2.4 - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

blizzy78

I probably have to check the logs on this one. 

I noticed with the recent version that I am unable to see the Apo/Periapsis readouts on PN. It shows only ejection angle.  Before 1.1.x, it was possible to see the orbital altitudes of the desired maneuver node. 

I did not get to read the previous pages yet, but here I will ask after all: Is this intended, or a random 1.1.x "feature" interfering with PN mod?

3 hours ago, Spraki said:

I noticed with the recent version that I am unable to see the Apo/Periapsis readouts on PN. It shows only ejection angle. 

Did you turn on the option for it in the settings?

2 hours ago, Gryphon said:

Did you turn on the option for it in the settings?

Ugh thanks. Really missed out on that one. Strange. This was on by default back then I guess. At least when I was playing 1.0.5

Many mods are still going wonko with 1.1.2

Nonetheless, love the efforts the modders are doing, so kudos to all! :)

On 5/12/2016 at 10:15 AM, Ame said:

I doubt it's a mod conflict; as I'm having the same issue with relatively few mods installed (just informational/utility mods, no parts or beautification mods). 

Then again, that was with PN v1.2.2, haven't tried 1.2.3 yet.

I have this in 1.2.3.  I do not see any mention of bugs or anything.  Maybe period of adjustment for new Unity GUI?

Hi , i have install this mod he looks awesome  but now after installing i dont have window node and i cant make a node on my apoapsis or something i cant make node at all now oO , someone know how i can do please or what happen ?? thanks

Edited by donnie

34 minutes ago, donnie said:

Hi , i have install this mod he looks awesome  but now after installing i dont have window node and i cant make a node on my apoapsis or something i cant make node at all now oO , someone know how i can do please or what happen ?? thanks

Is it in career game ? If it is, then you first need to upgrade tracking station to have precise node available. Check out in sandbox game to see if precise node menu pops up properly. If you can't see it in sandbox game too, then some bug is involved, but I doubt that it is a case.

Oh, and welcome to forums.

Slight bug report: Snap to Apo/Peri doesn't work correctly when chaining nodes

Steps to reproduce

• Options: Show Additional UT Controls
  • Achieve orbit
  • Make Node #1, fill out vectors as desired
  • Manually click on where the projected Apo/Peri is going to be (I was adjusting them at the time), make Node #2 there. This step can probably be skipped, but provides a good idea of how far off Precise Node is.
  • Switch Precise Node to focus on Node #2
  • Click snap to Apo/Peri and watch Node #2 move way off where you made it (on either the Apo/Peri).
  • For me, I snapped to Peri and was trying to adjust my Apo accordingly, but the snap-to moved it far far way, and I had to manually drag it back.
  • To further drive the point home: on the proper Peri, where I originally made Node #2, adjusting Prograde/Retrograde correspondingly affected only my Apo altitude, with my Peri altitude unchanged.
    • On the 'snap-to' Peri, which was far closer to the Apo than the actual Peri, the altitudes of both changed (with Peri changing significantly more).

If that's not clear, I can try to get pics, because I'm getting tired of saying Apo/Peri.:P

On 28/5/2016 at 3:46 PM, kcs123 said:

Is it in career game ? If it is, then you first need to upgrade tracking station to have precise node available. Check out in sandbox game to see if precise node menu pops up properly. If you can't see it in sandbox game too, then some bug is involved, but I doubt that it is a case.

Oh, and welcome to forums.

7 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Slight bug report: Snap to Apo/Peri doesn't work correctly when chaining nodes

Steps to reproduce

• Options: Show Additional UT Controls
  • Achieve orbit
  • Make Node #1, fill out vectors as desired
  • Manually click on where the projected Apo/Peri is going to be (I was adjusting them at the time), make Node #2 there. This step can probably be skipped, but provides a good idea of how far off Precise Node is.
  • Switch Precise Node to focus on Node #2
  • Click snap to Apo/Peri and watch Node #2 move way off where you made it (on either the Apo/Peri).
  • For me, I snapped to Peri and was trying to adjust my Apo accordingly, but the snap-to moved it far far way, and I had to manually drag it back.
  • To further drive the point home: on the proper Peri, where I originally made Node #2, adjusting Prograde/Retrograde correspondingly affected only my Apo altitude, with my Peri altitude unchanged.
    • On the 'snap-to' Peri, which was far closer to the Apo than the actual Peri, the altitudes of both changed (with Peri changing significantly more).

If that's not clear, I can try to get pics, because I'm getting tired of saying Apo/Peri.:P

Hi guys , thanks for replying fast , but i have found now it was my bad  because i do not ahve play KSP for a long time and i forget to upgrade space station and space complex , after doing this all is working fine and its clearly an awesome addon one of the best !!

ps:  i forget to introduce myself on the forum , my apologize i gonna doing it :)

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, KeineLust said:

Dear @blizzy78, is there any way to download old version? In this case I need it to play 1.0.5 ksp. Please help me!

All releases are available on github. I no longer recall what version is used for 1.0.5. you have to search for that for yourself.
It should be compiled version, but I haven't checked, I might be wrong on this.

Love this for fine-tuning burns.  However, I have a couple of issues with it:

1)  Right-clicking twice too quickly causes the focus to jump to my rocket.  I suspect this is an interaction with KSP rather than something in the mod per se but it's annoying.  I suspect having separate + and - buttons so we don't have to use the right mouse button to reduce the burn would fix this.

2)  The burn was executing, I saw I had done it wrong and it was going to come up slightly short.  I clicked to add 1 m/s--and the remaining burn was reset to the starting burn + that 1 m/s.

In 1.1.2 every left click on the window or outside of it closes Precise Node and deletes the node. Only input fields can be clicked on safely. Numpad and right click work fine.

I've ntoiced this behavior in my 1.1.2 RP-0 playthrough. It works fine when I'm orbiting Earth and do a TLI but when I try to create a maneuver while on hyperbolic orbit around Moon, the aforementioned things happen. A complete game restart seems to fix this. There are no exceptions from Precise Node in the logs.

Anyone had this one?

On 7/9/2016 at 2:06 PM, Ixenzo said:

In 1.1.2 every left click on the window or outside of it closes Precise Node and deletes the node. Only input fields can be clicked on safely. Numpad and right click work fine.

I've ntoiced this behavior in my 1.1.2 RP-0 playthrough. It works fine when I'm orbiting Earth and do a TLI but when I try to create a maneuver while on hyperbolic orbit around Moon, the aforementioned things happen. A complete game restart seems to fix this. There are no exceptions from Precise Node in the logs.

Anyone had this one?

briefly, yeah; was a wrong version I think. Try the latest or try to get the proper version for your KSP.

7 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

briefly, yeah; was a wrong version I think. Try the latest or try to get the proper version for your KSP.

Everything's fine in that department.

Interplanetary maneuvers also seem to work fine. Maybe it's a thing with only hyperbolic orbits.

Got an interesting problem:

I was trying to fine-tune a MechJeb burn to get an insertion angle more to my liking--and when I clicked +normal the MechJeb-supplied number went away and the trajectory didn't update.  Zeroing out what I added restored the MechJeb number.

Even stranger, this was on a Hohmann transfer.  When I tried the same thing when fine tuning the closest approach it worked as expected, I was able to generate an intercept that looks pretty good by eyeball.

PreciseNode seems to be working on KSP 1.1.3, except that it gripes (I used another word here at first, but some censor apparently changed it to "poodles" for me :-)) every time I start KSP saying I need to use 1.1.2 instead. As far as I can tell, there's no harm in ignoring the gripe, but it would be nice if it's version check was updated.

Edited by rmaine
substitute another word for "poodles"

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway to move the Precise Node screen around? For some reason 1/2 of it is off the left hand side of the screen making it unusable.I can't see practically any of it. 

nvm...maybe its the version

Edited by CrazedKamiKaze
No need to approve. Going to try a different version first