[0.21.X] Rocketdyne F-1 Liquid Engine (Saturn V main engines) UPDATED v1.2

1096bimu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, yeah, but I recently found they're inaccurate as far as the flight configuration goes.

http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=19402

They flew wrapped in insualtion blankets, which are never modeled for some reason.

True but those are ablative blankets. AKA they burn off during the ascent. So toward the end of the flight the engines are hunky-dory Okay.

Hmm, Asmi made a plugin that could enable simulating that. Though given the author of this engine was banned, I don't think we'll ever get a proper update.

• 1 month later...
SOMEONE REVIVE THIS!!! I WANT IT BACK! This is the single BEST looking mod part I have ever seen and when I find it, it is GONE! Someone please revive it!!

I agree, I'm disappointed it's gone, and I can't even download it.

Well, the author is banned. Dunno what for, but something tells me this did more harm than good to the community. Unless he did something really heinous, I think that having his mods maintained would be worth putting up with him.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but is there something I need to do for the engines to load? I tried both NathanKell's F1 and the F1/J2 from piwa's pack, and neither will load in my ksp.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...