[0.21.X] Rocketdyne F-1 Liquid Engine (Saturn V main engines) UPDATED v1.2

1096bimu

A 1:1 replica of the F-1 engines used on the Saturn V moon rockets. It has the same realistic size, weight thrust and ISP and probably a bit OP for Kerbals.

It is highly detailed (custom low-poly mesh) with lots of textures, smoke and even lights for added effect. Not suitable for regular laptop users.

Version 1.2:

WlfLVyh.jpg

ZlJjyco.jpg

CyBdK5r.png

hSJnLix.jpg

download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbpvm45vwb516o5/F1%20Rocket%20Engine%201.2.7z

Old version (uses less memory):

1KiyS6m.jpg

qxWVrwP.jpg

D6JrIeq.jpg

Old version (uses less memory):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lsavx5kapb6phs/F-1%20Rocket%20Motor.7z

Mod edit:

I contents including mesh, texture and config file created by 1096bimu

all permissions granted, do whatever you want with it.

too lazy to upload to Spaceport since it can't feature any images and stuff, someone please do it for me.

Edited by KasperVld

Mmm, beefy.

Looks like its a 2.5m engine to me, unless its just weird perspective in the screenshot.

Yeah, it should fit 2.5m mounts. Speaking of which, could you give us back the 5x2.5m mount from NP?

Yeah, it should fit 2.5m mounts. Speaking of which, could you give us back the 5x2.5m mount from NP?

I am planning to make a mount, but since this is realistic size, and the real Saturn V is 10m in diameter, it won't be a 5x2.5, more like 5x4m or 5x3.75m mount.

If so, go for a 6.25m or 6.4m mount. And scale the engine down a bit (to 64%). A properly scaled Saturn V would be about that size in KSP. Keep in mind, there are no fuel tanks that big (at least since NP scaled down...), you'd have to use procedural ones.

It does fit 2.5m parts, but it looks best on 5m parts. Very well done, btw. Looks beautiful and still runs great on this outdated workhorse computer. I rarely put anything into orbit that weighs more than 15-20 tons, and after running a couple of quick test flights earlier today I think the F-1 may be able to power an SSTO capable of lifting same. Will have to do some more testing once I reinstall the 5m LFTs from whichever addon they are in. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.