favorite aircraft

IonC1

Which aircraft should I build?  

1,566 members have voted

1. 1. Which aircraft should I build?

Glad to see the f22 doing poorly. Shows that people in here actually have sense .... when you lose a f22 to an A6 (in red flag mind you) you cant possibly keep thinking its the best of the best.... an f14 or su47 would be good though... granted id like a P-38L personally

My Grandfather Actually Made the breathing equipment for that whats ur fathers name my grandfathers is Don Stork

Jack Hensley - he worked for Sundstrand Corp in Denver, Colorado - they made various parts for it, including the electrical generators - which he worked on as assembly and quality assurance.

060905-F-1234S-013.jpg

Guys, this plane sacrificed everything to go fast and high. Its sole purpose was to go fast and climb like the hounds of hell were on its heels. Paint, cannon, hardpoints, everything that wasn\'t needed was pulled from this to reduce weight and drag so it can get to altitude as fast as it could.

Big fan of the A-10, however, with the theme and current status / age of KSP, I think the X-15 would be more appropriate. Besides... the X-15 was ROCKET POWERED! Very Kerbal.

Voted Su-47, sexy beast.

Yes indeed, I always enjoyed really novel and crazy designs, and so after much deliberation, I\'ve selected this

su47.jpg

The Su-47 Berkut(NATO codename 'Firkin') was an experimental supersonic jet fighter developed by Sukhoi Aviation Corporation. A distinguishing feature of the aircraft was its forward-swept wing[2] that gave the aircraft excellent agility and maneuverability. While serial production of the type never materialized, the sole aircraft produced served as a technology demonstrator prototype for a number of advanced techhnologies later used in the 4.5 generation fighter SU-35BM and current 5th generation fighter prototype Sukhoi PAK FA.

Sorry if I rambled on, but that\'s how I roll 8).

I\'m going out on a limb saying that those rotors do change direction, right? Similiar to an Osprey?

No, it\'s just a helicopter.

Mind you, it\'s the largest helicopter ever built, so making it a tiltrotor would be taking it beyond the impossible.

Guest Flixxbeatz

Yes indeed, I always enjoyed really novel and crazy designs, and so after much deliberation, I\'ve selected this

su47.jpg

The Su-47 Berkut(NATO codename 'Firkin') was an experimental supersonic jet fighter developed by Sukhoi Aviation Corporation. A distinguishing feature of the aircraft was its forward-swept wing[2] that gave the aircraft excellent agility and maneuverability. While serial production of the type never materialized, the sole aircraft produced served as a technology demonstrator prototype for a number of advanced techhnologies later used in the 4.5 generation fighter SU-35BM and current 5th generation fighter prototype Sukhoi PAK FA.

Sorry if I rambled on, but that\'s how I roll 8).

That looks unsually cool... ???

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.