Your most proud moment in KSP...

iStickyDuck

My proudest moment was sending my first unmanned, orbital probe to Eve: the probe consisted of seven Large Hybrid Ion engines running off six Gigantor Mega XXLs and more than a Jumbo tank of fuel distributed in a low, flat arrangement--and I had wanted to save gas! Yet none of that mattered as the deep, thick sky blossomed into the brilliant violet of dawn beneath my ship to reveal a wonderland beyond my wildest imaginations: Eve was real, I was there. I will doubtless return to that world to finish the task of landing that I had begun in that now long-lost savegame, this time riding steadfast LV-Ns to streak the murky gloom with roaring heatshield's fire.

-Duxwing

I've had several very proud moments. In chronological order:

Minmus landing. The lander was capable of return, but I accidentally decoupled the pod while still on Minmus.

First Minmus landing with return.

First Mün landing, with return.

Docking in LKO.

Sattelite in Eve orbit.

Rover on Eve.

Lander probes to Duna and Ike in one launch from KSC, including transfer stage.

The proudest of those, I think, would be my first docking.

My most proud moment is either successfully retrieving my 3 Kerbals from the Mun after 5 failed attempts and safely landing them in middle of Kerbin's ocean, a few hours away from the big crater or making a VERY fuel efficient space station that needs 4 radial staging rockets to orbit it. Left two of those docked together at 3 MIL KM orbit around Kerbin with much fuel to spare.

Wanna guess how?

Boosters along the outside where the docking ports are. I can see broken struts along the sides from the separation. I encase my large builds like that as well... cage it in with struts, then it has better odds of getting into orbit in one piece.

For me I have allot of proud Moments in KSP but one of my most proud moments has to be the first time I docked.my rcs was not balanced at all but after an hour of sweating and fine adjustments I finally touched docking Ports together and they wobbled for about another 15 minutes until the camera finally backed away indicating a successful dock.

No, it was rather simple.

I put four engines in star-formation on the docking ports and emptied the large fuel tanks of the payload before actual launch. This way, the remaining payload was about 65 tons....

The brocken struts are the points where I fixed those "emptying engines" to the rest of the vessel.... ;-)

Looked rather impressive in the launchpad...

screenshot103.png

(I posted in Ship Exchange as well, but have problems with posting links.... )

Edited by Tokay Gris

I recently made my first mun landing. It was the first time I landed anything on any other celestial body, but what made it so great was I did it Apollo style. Had my CSM in orbit as the LM descended. Landed, did stuff, then took off by leaving the landing stage. Reconnected perfectly just as my fuel ran out, and made it back home within visible distance of KSP. All done without any quick saves and on my first try

Aside from docking and my first Mun landing, the most recent thing would have to be my full roll-play launch of this probe.

tJP6awI.jpg

there was a horrible failure in the autopilot (KOS is hard :P) so we nearly lost it.

But it worked in the end. The orbit was horribly inclined and eccentric.

plnZnPc.jpg

Let me think, my proudest moment has to be my first docking, which i did without ASAS! anyway, creating a five-craft SSTO series powered by NTRs. One of which can launch 7 kerbals into orbit, another of which can launch small payloads and one which has the necessary D/V to reach the Mün.

Landing Jeb on Jool and get him out again.

RZGfeDP.png

Full mission.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/41769-Trying-in-vain-to-plant-the-flag-an-Jool-landing

More proud as you can not do this anymore. Not tried with kerbals but probes explodes with contact with the "ground" who now is 250 meter below 0 not 100 as before, they don't jump around before exploding anymore.

Might be after I submitted an bug report over not being able to plant the flag :)

Mods used, KAS with 120 meter winch, hooliganlabs balloons, mechjeb, later was of no use during the actual Jool landing and accent, the accent profile tend to confuse the autopilot a bit :)

Edited by magnemoe

My proudest moment was back in 0.18, I was building a fuel depot in orbit consisting of 4 jumbo tanks, I could get about half a tanks worth of fuel up to orbit. So I tried to speed up the process and sent several up at a time and somehow, I'd managed to get two tankers to orbiting in the atmosphere at about 50-60km, one with next to no fuel,two radial mount engines and some RCS, and one half full, but with no engines! It was only a matter of time before they both lost orbit, so rather than just give up and relaunch them, I sent the 1st tanker after the second, inexperienced with docking, combined with the small amount of force my RCS produced, I was frantically bumping into it for about half an hour, when finally I managed to dock, at an alt of about 50 km, I took all the fuel and blasted off, then within five minutes the tank hit the critical altitude and hit the atmosphere proper.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.