Your most proud moment in KSP...

iStickyDuck

Probably my first Mun landing. I had been playing the game for a month maybe and had lots of probes orbiting Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus, and also a couple outside Kerbals SOI. However, I hadn't yet tried to land Kerbals on the Mun. It took a couple of attempts, but when I did it it was great!

The first time docking two ships together in LKO was also a good feeling.

For me, it would be when interplanetary travel 'clicked'. I got to the point where I could get to Minmus and return very easily but anything past that was impossible for me, even with MechJeb. When 0.22 came out, I started clean without any mods and tried to relearn the game. I literally went from landing on minmus to sending large multi-lander craft to the Jool system overnight.

Now, I've sent two ships to duna, a probe to eve, and have a bunch of probes and landers in orbit around Jool. The best accomplishment for me happened very recently: once I unlocked the atmospheric analysis tool, I created and planned a mission to drop a probe into Jool to study its atmosphere. Somehow the mission went flawlessly. I did a perfect aerocapture with the mother ship and got into a nice orbit. I then jettisoned the probe and de-orbited it. Watching it slowly decend to its destruction was really exciting, plus I got a ton of science for it!

My first successful rescue mission. I find the 'culture', at least of the players who post here on the forum, all take a lot of care to rescue Kerbs who get stranded. Has anyone looked at the wording on ending a flight in Space Centre and the dialogue box and decided then to rescue their Kerb(s)?

Figuring out how to dock consistently with an uncontrollable craft with no rcs.

Lol same here, my first docking attempt when building my Space Station I ran out of Mono-propellant, so I had to get very creative with what little liquid fuel I had left. I ended up doing this multiple times (would dock, then re-load the save) to practice. Funny thing is that I ended up having to send up a new module of the one I spent so much time trying to dock because I forgot to put couplers on it for the rest of the modules. :blush:

However, I can now fairly consistently dock with my Space Station, and I rarely need all that much Mono-propellant to do it anymore. I've gotten rather efficient with docking, so think I'm ready to start working on my first interplanetary setup.

My first successful rescue mission. I find the 'culture', at least of the players who post here on the forum, all take a lot of care to rescue Kerbs who get stranded. Has anyone looked at the wording on ending a flight in Space Centre and the dialogue box and decided then to rescue their Kerb(s)?
Yes, terminating anything but spent stages and debris is out of the question. Besides, most rescue missions are more interesting than 'regular' missions. They often add new challenges. In my new career (I'm starting over) I named one of the Kerbalnauts after myself. You can imagine that I will take all necessary measures to get him back save if the need should occur.

My best moment would be when i first used aerobraking. After having (in sandbox mode) never brought a flight back from having left kerbin, it was rather pleasing for me to see my mun lander just glide in there. As I am considering a career in astrophysics i found it fascinating

I am the worst in getting to other planets!

So i never landde on another planet (exept kerbin) finale, i Discovery where the dogs on the compassie were for, and than i made my frist landing (whithouth hyperedit and mechjeb) on a planet (exept kerbin). IT was, indeed: the mun! That was my proudest moment (iT cud not. return, got outh of fuel!) and sorry for my bat inglish! (I am steel on high scool!

I'd have to say one of my proudest moments was just last weekend.

I had landed on Moho, and my fuel reserves were rather low. I wasn't sure if I would make it back up to the transfer stage in orbit.

I took off and got up to about 500m/s - about 200 shy of orbital velocity.

At that point, I realized I had RCS and a stage to dump the engine and fuel tank.

I staged and got into orbit using RCS with about 50 units to spare.

Sadly, there is not enough fuel to get home, but that move getting back into orbit was epic in my mind!

Definitely when I figured out how to dock. It opened a whole new world for me. The actual docking wasn't super cool, but when I parked to ships next to each other, I flung my arms up and I was so happy, my family looked at me strangely and wondered how I could get so excited about "some stupid game." My dad recently has been pretty supportive of the game though.

My proudest moments was the success of Eve return mission, after 3 failed lander designs and the month of real time, I could not even feel happines anymore. It was just done.

Almost identical for me. I found after my first failed landing on Eve (and later success), take what I think needs to be done to fix it, and multiply it by 10.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.