opinions on the nintendo 2ds

Penguinhero

Nindento 2ds, good idea or bad idea?  

1. 1. Nindento 2ds, good idea or bad idea?

• A smart move for nintendo
    • A step in the wrong direction

so i was doing my random youtube internet video chain thing and stumbled upon this video

so then i went to nintendo's website and it turns out to be a real thing so i was wondering what other people's opinions were on this

at $129ish its supposed to be an affordable handheld to play all ds/3ds games but you can buy a nintendo 3ds starter kit nowadays for $159

ish at gamestop when the 3ds can do everything the 2ds can

i personally think its a bad idea its just a step backwards for nintendo i feel like it will be such a failure that it wont leave japan and hopefully not hit store shelves here in the Americas, Europe, Australia,or Africa?

I see it more as a 3DS for little kids. In one part so they won't snap the top screen off, no 3D so it doesn't hurt their eyes. I don't think it'll do too well. Most little kids I know who like Nintendo already have a DS or 3DS.

I like it.

It's cheaper, built more solidly because it doesn't have a hinge, and doesn't have the headache-inducing 3D that no one uses anyway.

I think it's a smart move for Nintendo and it will grow their marketshare.

Of course, what do I know - I still play my Game Gear. :P

Edited by segaprophet

Its just a new game boy. know one will buy it because its not got any amazing features so the adverts will be rubbish. Any one who whats to be able to play 3ds games will get a 3ds! Why would anyone go out and buy something that is already redundant?

You can get cheapo android tablets for kids these days for cheaper than that. And games on android are also much cheaper.

Or buy a new tablet for yourself and give the old to the kid :)

Pretty big danger that handheld gaming consoles will lose out for smartphones and tablets as they has multiple other uses in addition to far more and far cheaper games.

Downside is that you lose the gamepad, might be an marked for hardcore gamers but Sonys handheld is not selling so well.

-snip- might be an marked for hardcore gamers but Sonys handheld is not selling so well.

Cut the Vita some slack, It's been only 1 and a half years.

(Sorry, I get defensive when people start trash-talking my home brand)

Edited by Bioman222

Oh, and in my opinion, the 2DS is a pretty good idea to take customers from other brands. Take me for an example. I love playstation, but, those games on the 3DS look awesome (not graphic wise though), but I don't want to shell out 300 some dollars for a 3DS, where I could get this and a few games for about barely $200.

Edited by Bioman222

Oh, and in my opinion, the 2DS is a pretty good idea to take customers from other brands. Take me for an example. I love playstation, but, those games on the 3DS look awesome (not graphic wise though), but I don't want to shell out 300 some dollars for a 3DS, where I could get this and a few games for about barely $200.

The price difference is barely noticeable though, or at least it is here in Canada.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/nintendo-ds-nintendo-2ds-console-red-2ds/10246603.aspx?path=449d8a68683f852bc5144f91f0c0b3d5en02&SearchPageIndex=1

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/nintendo-3ds-nintendo-3ds-pearl-pink-ctrspaaa/10193594.aspx?path=5a97b0c932c0b484b90cae15db9ba3b1en02&SearchPageIndex=1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.