FTL Drive MK I (MKII Pictures inside)

Nomad

:o Christ, I really need to finish texturing and uh getting it in game :-[

I have been doing stuff with Source Film Maker, making my own prop which is still in the texturing phase. Buut I feel like working on this since that train got me out of my slump. Going to work fast and smart and hopefully get it fully textured by tonight.

Will post an update later on.

• 2 weeks later...
Indeed! A problem that already seems to have a solution yet to be implemented just as on Earth.

Oh... Well we kinda do... Its not the trouble of getting to the speed of light that is the problem... We could achieve that not easily... But we've been capable of that for about 30 years. Theres already rocket designs avalible if you care to search them. The problem is the size of these space craft is mind blowing.. And we have nor the time or resources to build them including even if we did get to the speed of light... Hitting particles at that speed would destroy the space craft. So before we get to and probably past the speed of light, we need to devise a way to do it safely. (And FYI They believe they have discoverd a particle that goes faster than light).

You have to add something like 0 weight module, to reduce ships weight to zero to travel faster than light. Because even if your ship would weight about 1 pound it could never be accelerated above 99.9% of speed of light because of Physics.

• 2 weeks later...
You have to add something like 0 weight module, to reduce ships weight to zero to travel faster than light. Because even if your ship would weight about 1 pound it could never be accelerated above 99.9% of speed of light because of Physics.

But you're forgetting about the Alcubierre Drive or any other type of "warp" drive, which bends space around you, thus allowing you to drastically change position (faster than light travels) without actually having to go faster than the speed of light. Also, Nomad, are you still working on this? I know you, of course, have to put real life stuff first, but you haven't given us any sort of progress update in about two weeks... (also, sorry, I hope this doesn't count as a necro or anything...) :)

Sorry I have not been posting, I was away from my work laptop last week, so I could not do anything. Just a heads up that this will require you to own the paid version since I have decided to use the .mu format.

Sorry I have not been posting, I was away from my work laptop last week, so I could not do anything. Just a heads up that this will require you to own the paid version since I have decided to use the .mu format.

By this point in the space/time continuum, I'm pretty sure 99% of the people who post on the forums on a regular basis have the paid version. And if not, Meh, sucks to be them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Work on this has slowed down but is not forgotten (Mainly since the texture is on my desktop :P) I have not heard from so I don't know the fate of this on the coding end. Might go ahead and release a version without the coding even though there is the other person who has a warp drive. I don't know if my "fire" has been swooped up with the plugin powered one :\.