FTL Drive MK I (MKII Pictures inside)

Nomad

• 2 weeks later...

You really need to work on the textures so it actually looks like a part from KSP. At present they're very bland and crude, even a color matching would strongly improve their aesthetics. Great concept, and I encourage you to keep at it! I noticed you haven't updated in some time, may I suggest if you want more motivation modding that you message a few other modders and get in on a team project? There's quite a few going!

Sorry for not finishing the code... It should be fixed this weekend.

Here's a little preview of what the code currently does :

Once in orbit, you'll have to point your ship toward the right direction and engage SAS. Then press O. You will get a huge boost of speed. The engine will stay active for 10 seconds, then it will stop. You can only use the engine 5 times, after that it will deactivate. I'm currently working on an "ABORT" button : if you press "O" again while boosting, it will cut-off the engine. I'm also thinking about custom sounds, ways for recharging the engine....

Interesting, I suppose because of limited jumps you will have to have them dock-able. Good thing we have two mods that replicate docking :)

I have linux multimedia studio so let me see what I can come up with.

I got bored today, and since the model was sitting at 904 polygons, I decided to reduce it by remaking everything.

Currently sits at 425 ish polygons, textured, unnoded but ready to go. Oh and it has a AO map in it so I should probably slap that on here as well.

FTLDRIVEdone.png

To be honest, the texture on this is mediocre, here is a plain looking one if you want to do better.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16349584/basetexture.png

AO MAP

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16349584/FTLDRIVEAOM.png

Edited by Nomad

I haven't searched through the other pages for a manual but how do i get this to work? I have my fuel tanks and FTL engine but it wont go.

How do you get these to active ate, ive made it into orbit and it just wont work?

So i cant get this to work, i reach orbit and nothing happens even though i have the fuel cell and engine connected.

So i cant get this to work, i reach orbit and nothing happens even though i have the fuel cell and engine connected.

Wow my bad for a triple post, did not mean to do that.

Edited by Ted
Multiple posts

Getting tired of your laziness of just searching through the pages, it's an engine that fires lots of thrust.

I already did search through the pages, already know its thrust dude, the problem is it doesn't work.

I feel like i'm missing something but i cant tell what.

I haven't searched through the other pages for a manual but how do i get this to work? I have my fuel tanks and FTL engine but it wont go.

How do you get these to active ate, ive made it into orbit and it just wont work?

Wow my bad for a triple post, did not mean to do that.

For starters, use the Battery as the only fuel tank. It eats fuel like no tomorrow. Otherwise, it's your standard engine , 'cept the thrust , with is magnified exponentially.