Your favorite rocket!

Kerbal01

Post your favorite rocket. Mine is the Zenit 3SL. I also have a perticular fascination with all solid booster rockets like Athena and Vega. I also like upper stage solid boosters like the castor 30Castor 30:142138_orig.jpg. Athena2File:Athena_2_with_Lunar_Prospector.jpgZenit 3 SL2584715_orig.jpg?446Vega:SC14939.jpgWhat rockets And energia and F9Hdo you like, people of the Forums!

Edited by DarthVader

Defiantly the Russian Energia. Not because of the buran, but because it had so much potential.

AA5005_Polyus_real_4.GIFUragan1m.jpg

Problem is, when I build it in KSP it just falls over with anything on the side, and looks odd with a fairing on top because the boosters look out of proportion

Edited by jamieadd

Falcon 9 for me. The design just makes so much sense. And of course it can be used to make Falcon heavy, which will be epic. And when they can reuse the first stage, that will be momentous. But I also have a soft spot for Black Arrow blackarrow2.jpg The nearly invisible exhaust is cool, and it was a neat, small launcher. I also like the propellants it uses, HTP and kerosene. HTP is not cryogenic like LOX, so it can be stored for longer, more flexibility etc, also look how little suporting infrastructure it needs. And I heard somewhere that this was one of the cheapest launchers developed. Pity they cancelled it.

Edited by Apotheosist
Pic

Maybe we should discuss our least favourite rocket. Or maybe that should be in another thread. Anyway mine would be the Proton. That thing's just damn ugly. Not to mention unreliable. However, I suppose It did give us possibly the most spectacular explosion ever recently :)

My choice it would be the SLS and the N 1

faster,stronger,harder,better

n168to62.jpg

N1%20flare.jpg

nasa-sls-3.jpg

640px-SLS_130t_Cargo_-_expanded.jpg

I would really like the N1 rocket to be reactivated again in the future,but a more upgraded version and it would be the 2020 or 2030 manned Russian rocket to the moon.:cool:

Edited by ouion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.