Such an odd feeling...........

michaelphoenix22

I just threw a ship together in a few hours .... added some kethane tanks and a refiner.... launched it to the mun with almost no testing..... It landed, gathered its samples, and returned to kerbin without any explosions, no unforeseen spin outs, forgetting of solar panels, etc.....

It went smoothly... too smoothly..... Ive never had a mission go that nicely.... i was almost.... disappointed.......

You.......like to.........use......extended breaks.....a lot......

Haha! In all seriousness though, that is quite strange. I've never built anything that works the first time...or the second...or the twentieth...Something really bad must happen to you soon. Null space, anyone?

The KSP community is so much like the Dwarf Fortress community sometimes.

Hours of study, design, and construction poured into an effort that we really just want to see end in a spectacular way.

Losing is fun!

That is remarkable. I have never had a mission go do smoothly. Seeing catastrophic failure is a hidden appeal to KSP but it's those successes that keep me going. But sometimes when you see a solid rocket booster punch your ship, you can't help but laugh. I know your feel.

The KSP community is so much like the Dwarf Fortress community sometimes.

Hours of study, design, and construction poured into an effort that we really just want to see end in a spectacular way.

Losing is fun!

Yup I keep saying this all the time! Some of the older forumites might be getting anoyed of me already but I don'g care.

KSP and DF are ver similar in many ways.

I definitely know that feeling. Back in 0.18 I built this 3-man Saturn V replica. I was so sure it would fail that I flew it in my "Simulator" save file to keep my "real" crews safe from harm. I didn't spend any time figuring out delta V or TWRs or any of that; just slapped it together in ten minutes just by what looked right. I didn't expect to make orbit without some explosion or staging mishap doing me in, but to my complete astonishment, I ended up flying a textbook Apollo moon mission. I wish my luck was always that good!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.