Attempted to recreate a scene from Futurama,Took Duna for a Joyride into Kerbin(pics)

Narstrom

Salaam, Hello :). I've often wondered about a COMPLETELY preposterous scene from the television comedy show; "Futurama" In which Mars is sent on a collision course with the sun. However, quite nicely, it passes close enough to Earth for the doomed citizen of mars to simply jump, do a flip and land unharmed on the streets of New York,

While Mars passes within meters of the street and shears the New York Skyline, our heros reach out for each other and wind up haveing thier arms ripped off. How dark.

The sheer absurdity of this scene gave me an idea; and so the mission was started.

Our Kerbals for the MArs side of this mission, Bill And Jeb, purposely were stranded on mars by Kouston. Bill, as normal, lost control of his bowels immediately but Jeb seemed quite content.

As always.

So then, back on Kerbin, using the power of WITCHCRAFT (hyperedit) the planetary alignment for Duna and Kerbin were aligned precisely; and so the clock was set.

Unbeknownst to Bill And Jeb, who were quite out of the loop because no radio or long range communications were sent with them, Mars was now hurtling uncontrolled towards the earth; But, unlike the scene from Jebs favorite show, the little blue speck growing in the sky was ultimately, going to be nothing like it.

While the earth was still quite far out, the moment Duna entered it's sphere of influence Kerbins gravity instantly took over, Bill and Job and everything else on mars were ripped into the sky violently, objects on the other side of the planet were obliterated and debris spread wide, wide arcs as it launched uncontrolled into space. Total mission failure, completely planetary devastation.

And so, that's where Bill And Jeb and every other mission currently on mars wound up, screaming through the void on a oneway trip back to Kerbin at 4000 Ms, eventually they hit atmo and made a beautiful fireworks display, but not as beautiful as the giant red planet swallowing up Kerbins sky.

Eventually, Kerbin and Duna became Kerbuna, the KSP Program divided by zero and then CTD.

Mission complete.

6126588screenshot3.png

(More comeing right now

MARS. Holst would be proud.

5612527screenshot4.png

Jules Vernes said Balloons could fly through space. And you all laughed at him. WELL WHAT NOW?

4118159screenshot5.png

8402572screenshot12.png

It never gets old, huh? / Nope. / It kind makes you wanna... / Break into song? / Yup. /

6180195screenshot11.png

7217324screenshot16.png

MARS_HOLST.MIDI

(psst, www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8EwBTQhl3Y mars holst )

4491406screenshot18.png

The Race is on!

5003850screenshot22.png

GENTLEMEN! BEHOLD!

7825233screenshot23.png

2828171screenshot31.png

I want to get away/ I want to flyyyyyy away/ yeah /yeah /yeah

9726079screenshot32.png

That's no Minmus...

1144479screenshot38.png

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DOOOOOONE?!

9667064screenshot39.png

(For the record, everyone on mars is dead. This HOME pod _was_ sitting waiting to be launched on the pad but it was pulled off Kerbin and wound up where it was, stuck because of the conflicting gravity.

4379633screenshot40.png

Mars is currently rolling across Africa, No one survives at the Kerbal Space Center, which about 30 seconds after this picture was taken was destroyed by mars.

You can't ever go home again jeb...

6327829screenshot42.png

Kerbal Space Centers very last second. Rest in peace KSP.

5404276screenshot43.png

OH GOD IT'S THE ARM OF THE KRAKEN! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!?!

8130147screenshot34.png

crash.jpg

I think I just might be the very first KSp'er to destroy a planet with another planet.

Holy lord.

Edited by Narstrom

Wow, sound great :D It could be fun if you set three/four planets in a way that you could constantly fly from one SoI to another. Or make each planet's SoI so small that the planets would be several km apart, but without any SoI messup, then you could fly a regular plane from Kerbin to Duna. Makes me wonder if it is somehow possible to copy a planet/moon... Give another Gilly a several hundred meters SoI, hang it just above the KSC... Could be fun.

*woman :)

As for pictures, I've had a busy day, I'm trying to get them up :D, just wait! It was not easy to get them becuase when I said ripped into the sky I meant it. There was not alot of time to get an image of the lift off. Anywhom, I'm uploading them all right now.

Girl, I'm not sure KSP is the right game for you, have you looked at Universe Sandbox?

Lol! :D, Maybe. I'll look into it. I just deceided that rockets being blown up was growing out of style, so I leveled it up! :D, My next project will be to be build a massive eqauterwide ring of rockets and try to manually move a planet out of it's orbit.

Off to work I go!

Well, perhaps I bit off too much there, I still do not know KSP's limits. I imagined sitting in a bar stool and trying to spin it without moveing, I dont think the rockets would work becuase I belive KSP planets are locked into the orbit they are in. But I digress. I will be uploading a screenshot of Duna crashing into Kerbin, Eve crashing into Duna, Laythe crashing into Duna, Jool (?!) crashing into Laythe, Bop crashing into Laythe, Minmins hitting bop, followed by the same chain of the moon, moho, ike and every other remaining planet.

PLanetary congoline.

Choo choo

I would love for planetary collisions and stellar manipulation (you know, using Science) to make it into the final release of KSP... doesn't really fit with the low-tech theme, but would be awesome nonetheless to have planetary engines and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Planetary Annihilation. Meh. I looked into it, was even going to preorder... then I watched a multiplayer session. Seemed about as plain as plain can be. Victory by build order only. No serious tactics. No arkellian thrust maneuvers here. Build the mostest the fastest and as long as you're not ganged up on, victory.

Reminds me of Aachron, but the time travel mechanic adds a nice fourth dimension to the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.