0.22 new features: Subassemblies and science!

Mokmo

Hopefully now that 0.22 has been unveiled feature-wise at PAX, there will be a bit more detail (from testers with pre-releases maybe) in the weekly since the twitch stream was a bit, uhh, short (in both time, and detail).

Unfortunately 0.22 isn't in the testing phase yet, this is all very early development footage :)

There already is a CTRL-Z function. It undoes what you did.

I really want that science stuff. Sub assembly stuff will be good, but I can live without it if I get cool science stuff!

the ctrl-z doesn't work, at least when I try it never does anything, never has.

the ctrl-z doesn't work, at least when I try it never does anything, never has.

CTRL-Z apparently cannot undelete parts. If you take something off your craft by mistake, put it to the side, press CTRL-Z and then delete the extraneous parts.

what will happen with robotic probes?how will they do science.

According to the live stream, you might get a certain amount of "Science" for returning the probe, or another amount or type for transmitting data back to KSC (yes, the communications parts will have a real purpose finally).

SCIENCE, finally!

Glados.png "Let's start testing!"

Seriously though, the R&D will be a good addition to the game, as well as the sub-assembly. So, as I read here, there would be research points, that you can use to unlock tech, and the only way to get them is doing science then transmitting them back to Kerbin?

If that's so, then I can't wait for career mode! :D

Edited by AntonioAJC

I just want science stuff for sandbox mode.... my rovers need more than just air pressure/temp gauges.... and drivering seats

I want mass spectometers, voltmeters, x-ray diffraction machines, and finally a big honking laser that can vapourise rocks from 10 feet (3 meters) away and sniff the resulting smoke

After all... if its on a NASA rover..... we need it on a KSP rover :)

Boris

"hmmm is the mun made of cheese? The kerbals demand an answer!!"

I just want science stuff for sandbox mode.... my rovers need more than just air pressure/temp gauges.... and drivering seats

I want mass spectometers, voltmeters, x-ray diffraction machines, and finally a big honking laser that can vapourise rocks from 10 feet (3 meters) away and sniff the resulting smoke

After all... if its on a NASA rover..... we need it on a KSP rover :)

Boris

"hmmm is the mun made of cheese? The kerbals demand an answer!!"

What are you going to do with a voltmeter? :huh:

Bask in all it's glory....

(Best watched in 720 at full screen to simulate actual game play)

EDIT: I don't know why this code won't work... maybe because this is my first registered post?

qDxK0YDJMNc

Edited by Marcuzzi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.