0.22 new features: Subassemblies and science!

Mokmo

Woo, science modules! Now when one of my probes crashes I can scream "THE HULL IS BREACHED AND THE SCIENCE IS LEAKING OUT!!!"

I hate when my science leaks. 'NEED A SPONGE OVER HERE!'

What are you going to do with a voltmeter? :huh:

Measure volts, of course. Those little buggers need to be weighed and measured.

LOL

Science has its own, strange and sometimes dangerous way... XD

Another great update, and thanks for mentioning the PAX twitch tv in the opening post, because I had missed it.

Yay, just what I was dreaming of : stock subassemblies and science!

I really like the graphical design of the subassemby drop zone, I just hope it won't change too much. :D

And the thought of advancing in a tech tree through ‼science‼ and fiery rains of debris on far (and otherwise peaceful) worlds fills me with delight.

Watching the development process of KSP is for me a very instructive and heart warming process, because as a developer, I know hard it is to find the right proportion between giving people what they want and giving people what they need, and the many roadblocks on this road. But with KSP lets me see with my own eyes that, yes, it is possible to breathe life and a vision into your products and still take many user wishes into account.

And please, add me on the list of guests invited to watch the first test run of that flying rocket! XD

Measure volts, of course. Those little buggers need to be weighed and measured.

You need a corked bottle to store them in, first. Voltmeters alone would be useless. :P

I've just realized - subassemblies. :0.0:

Folder "landers", folder "first stages", folder "second stages", folder "third stages", folder "escape systems". Oh, this is nice. :cool:

Sub-assemblies are an game changer for the editor and vehicle design, but radial attachment of multiple parts need some tweaks... if someone tried to attach entire cloned stage to the radial decoupler will know what I'm talking about :-/.

Also I would like to attach sub assembly (or relocate chunk of parts and stick in other place) using whatever node I like, not just one You detached from.

Science and development aspect of the game is very promising though :).

Unfortunately 0.22 isn't in the testing phase yet, this is all very early development footage :)

Ah well, more about the ideas and direction of the features would be nice, maybe some concept sketches or something

Hrm, actually showing concept parts must be tricky, since if the concept doesn't make it into the patch there's always an outcry about where is part X from video Y is, and how much people liked it and the game is ruined forever now etc etc, I don't envy the expectations tightrope the devs and PR people need to walk there.

Measure the effect of negative reinforcement on ESP ability. Kerbal telepathy for the win!

Nah, you'll never make it past the Great Barrier at the edge of the galaxy... :)

It is possible that the resistance of Kerbals varies depending on the amount of atmosphere they are exposed to and/or the level of gravity. Therefore you launch with a voltmeter to determine if the resistance (Ohms) of a Kerbal varies by using a Kerbal in series with a high amperage power source and a voltmeter and measuring the voltage as a Kerbal ascends and is later subject to the vaccum of space.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.