Welded Thrust plates "T8-Mega Lift Systems"2.0

Kadron

Nelrick's Shipyard Welded Thrust plates by Kadron

T8 Mega Lift Systems 2.0

2.0 Now with 8x node symmetry upon popular demandinitially not included due to symmetry bugs

Also cleaner cfg files so previous installers will want to overwrite their part CFG files.

Includes Megalifters "Smoked Onions MK1 & 2" with their test payloads of 17 jumbo tanks

The Mk1 is the exact craft used in the launch! evidently my module manager kept the craft file clean, album also now includes a shot of MK2 in orbit

Check the 3rd album to see 926t make it to LKO

99.99% stock.

Both MK1 & Mk2 has been tested loadable in otherwise unmodded KSP installs (just this pack installed). MJ2 pilot tested under these settings as well. Warning you may still have a structural failure when flying to orbit

• turn altitudes 10-70 km
  • turn shape 40%
  • autowarp
  • limit to terminal velocity
  • smooth throttle.

-----Update[0.21].3-----

Added 9x series and the crafts for the Smoked Onion Mk1 witth it's test payload and the MK2 Tested and verified usable in otherwise Clean installs.

Any Attempts to let Mechjeb actually pilot these vehicles will most likely crash your game. If the ships themselves don't.

-----Update[0.21].2-----

Now includes 41b test craft created for the album tutorial on how to set one of the plates up

-----Update[0.21].1-----

Upon Request I've added the single plate just attached to an I-beam in both commonly used stock sizes images included in Album below

Installation

Download off the spaceport here

Drop the GameData and Ships folders into your main KSP install folder. (the one with KSP.exe).

kspRoot.png

[highlight]Merge the folders when prompted.[/highlight]

The goods

Having gotten tired of the inability to snap beams on both sides to surfaces for a stable structure, and in attempts to reduce the load on my computer I began doing Config welds of Stock Beams and plates. This soon lead to whole Plates which quickly escalated to the T8-41x.

I have decided to share them with the community and may add more things in the future.

Currently includes:

• T1-Jr
    Parts welded: 2
    Usable 1×1 panels: 1
  • T1-200
    Parts welded: 2
    Usable 1×1 panels: 1
  • T8-9x-b1
    Parts welded: 17
    Usable 1×1 panels: 9
  • T8-9x-b2
    Parts welded: 25
    Usable 1×1 panels: 9
  • T8-17x
    Parts welded: 41
    Usable 1×1 panels: 17
  • T8-25x-a
    Parts welded: 57
    Usable 1×1 panels: 25
  • T8-25x-b
    Parts welded: 65
    Usable 1×1 panels: 25
  • T8-33x-b
    Parts welded: 91
    Usable 1×1 panels: 33
  • T8-41x-b
    Parts welded: 107
    Usable 1×1 panels: 41

------------------------SHIPS-----------------------------------------

• 41b Test Craft low-mid weight loads (low-mid for mega lifters that is)
    722 parts
    aspargus staging set with sepratrons, and strutted. Nelrick tested. It is barebones but capable of having over 10 jumbos of fuel in orbit as is.
  • Smoked Onion Mk1 with Test Payload--Exact craft used in album.. RCS not balanced. Missing 8th solar panel and lights just like it's test launch
    Parts: 1633
  • Smoked Onion Mk2 with Test Payload-- improved escape vehicle doubles as a lander now, all 8 solar panels, more batteries, and LIGHTS. RCS not balanced my balanced version crashes the game before orbit every time....
    Parts: 1711

TPP images of items included

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Album Tutorial on assembly and the creation of 41b example.craft

T8-MLS "Smoked Onion MK1" showcasing t8-41x-b and t8-17x-a in this mainden voyage

Mod edit:

Feel free to use these in any builds you publish. Just remember to give me credit for the plates if asked.
Edited by KasperVld

I'm actually trying to use his to benchmark the t8-41x-b. He used 55 MainSails and 12 lv t30s. Im attempting with just 41 mainsails and 8 Lvt30s for a dead lift of 17 tanks . I'm using a t8-17-x as a topper for the load right now. and onion staging to maintain the higher TWR similar to him Almost got it. only spent 1/2 the day so far on it. If i get it working ill post the craft it's a tricky one.

If i get it working ill post the craft it's a tricky one.

Excellent!...I'd be looking for that.

Yeah, in all fairness, when I tried to create mine, I was using all different components, except for the basic parts to make the thrust plate. The outer tanks with no payload on top were blasting up thru the plate while the center ones with the payload on top just sat on the pad...lol So to fix that, I started trying different small couplers and structures on the top plate. But then my payload kept crashing down into the fuel stage, as soon as the physics kicked in....Finally called it a day after several hours...

To CyclonicTuna, it sounds like this is a collection of parts. I know someone, (Ubio, maybe..??), is working on a plugin that welds parts...

It's just parts and currently 1 basic launch ship. Will add the Smoked Onion possibly in a MK2 version in the next few days. I'll try to get around to the T8-9x it shouldn't be hard I can just prune out the 17 If you dont mind Sr beams or I can work out the Jr's which isn't really hard after the 41x

• 1 month later...

Has anyone got this working in 0.22? I added some technode keywords but it's not loading anywhere, I miss these things badly.

Edit: Nevermind, I found them in a node I hadn't gotten to yet. Now for some subassembly fun

Edited by Ratzap

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.